Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Reduced Bed Rest Timers?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Did I miss this in some Update Notes? When were Bed Rest timers reduced by about 25%?

I would have thought such a change would be met with great fanfare and much rejoicing, but I have heard nothing.

AND speaking for the Pirate101 Central wiki team -- this means we have to go out and re-sacrifice many, many companions to update our wiki page for Miracle Mitch! Thanks, Kingsisle for all the extra work!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
Did I miss this in some Update Notes? When were Bed Rest timers reduced by about 25%?

I would have thought such a change would be met with great fanfare and much rejoicing, but I have heard nothing.

AND speaking for the Pirate101 Central wiki team -- this means we have to go out and re-sacrifice many, many companions to update our wiki page for Miracle Mitch! Thanks, Kingsisle for all the extra work!
What, really a 25% reduction? I wonder how that affects companions trained in "Scrapper"? It seems I'm going to have to go into Quarry Cave and let a few of my companions be defeated to find out!

Community Leader
Last I checked a max level companies bed rest timer was still 8 hours and 5 minutes. Unless they changed it within the last 2-3 days (there hasn't been a maintenance recently so they shouldn't have) there's been no reduction.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
After testing my companions in Quarry Cave, I would say that there is a small reduction in bed rest timers. Results of my fight:
El Toro ( level 70 ) with 1 rank of Scrapper - 7 hrs. 15 min. this is within normal parameters
Iago ( level 71 ) no Scrapper - 8 hrs. 36 min. normal
Fan Flanders ( level 70 ) no Scrapper 8 hrs. 3 min. slight reduction, nothing to do a jig over.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
After testing my companions in Quarry Cave, I would say that there is a small reduction in bed rest timers. Results of my fight:
El Toro ( level 70 ) with 1 rank of Scrapper - 7 hrs. 15 min. this is within normal parameters
Fan Flanders ( level 70 ) no Scrapper 8 hrs. 3 min. slight reduction, nothing to do a jig over.
Considering that, prior to checking this out, we had listed times (no Scrapper) in excess of 10 hours for Level 68, I had expected Level 70 to be 11 hours, not 8.

Thanks for verifying :)

Community Leader
But since your Iago is a higher level than your Flanders, he would then have a higher bed rest timer. The average increase in bed rest timers between levels is about 7%, which checks out with your example. Nothing was done to bed rest

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Wait, how did you get a level 71 Iago? Did you forgo his side quest and just now went to do it?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Frankly, I never paid that much attention to the bed rest timers. If I'm on a mission, I simply use a different companion. I stop any time I go up a level and level up my companions and then send them out Keel Haulin'. By the end of that, the bed rest time is already over.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Mar 26, 2017 wrote:
Wait, how did you get a level 71 Iago? Did you forgo his side quest and just now went to do it?
I have Iago on my swashbuckler, only privateers recruit him. I bought him recently.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The other thing I notice is that the Bed Rest timer used to match the Brawlin' timer almost exactly. Now, Brawlin' will take longer than just leaving the companion on Bed Rest.

I know you guys are saying it hasn't changed, but I believe it has. Bed Rest is now shorter than it was last year.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 26, 2017 wrote:
The other thing I notice is that the Bed Rest timer used to match the Brawlin' timer almost exactly. Now, Brawlin' will take longer than just leaving the companion on Bed Rest.

I know you guys are saying it hasn't changed, but I believe it has. Bed Rest is now shorter than it was last year.

It would be nice if this was so, yet, why hasn't KI notified us in an update note? OEJ, has there been a change in bed rest timers?

Administrator
I don't think bed rest timers were adjusted, but stranger changes have slipped through the cracks. I'll double check with the rat.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
I don't think bed rest timers were adjusted, but stranger changes have slipped through the cracks. I'll double check with the rat.
I found the thread (called Miracle Mitch's Prices) where I posted last year that the Brawlin' timers were only a few minutes longer than the Bed Rest:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/a-pirates-life/miracle-mitches-prices-8ad6a416557c561501557e806c5414ca/8ad6a415557c56260155879325e54f5b#8ad6a415557c56260155879325e54f5b

AND that's where you posted a link to YOUR comment a year before that about using tasking instead of Bed Rest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Any feedback from RB yet?

Ensign
Jun 11, 2016
Willowydream on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:

I, speaking for myself, and perhaps a number of other players, have grown to like the bed rest timers. The bed rest timers have let me become more patient, take less risks during battle, and frankly experiment with other companions. That being said, from another standpoint I can see how it can be an inconvenience, however, with the amount of gold you can acquire in a short amount of time, taking a trip to miracle mitch to revive your companions should be relatively easy.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Valkoor the Swashb... on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
I, speaking for myself, and perhaps a number of other players, have grown to like the bed rest timers. The bed rest timers have let me become more patient, take less risks during battle, and frankly experiment with other companions. That being said, from another standpoint I can see how it can be an inconvenience, however, with the amount of gold you can acquire in a short amount of time, taking a trip to miracle mitch to revive your companions should be relatively easy.
Well, what made me notice particularly is that I tend to re-assign wounded companions from Bed Rest to the Brawlin' task, and the timers were always about equal, but recently I noticed a high level companion's Brawlin' timer was going to be more than two hours longer than the Bed Rest.

When I checked the times recorded on Miracle Mitch's wiki page, those high-level companion timers were different.

Either Bed Rest was adjusted or Brawlin' was...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 9, 2017 wrote:
Well, what made me notice particularly is that I tend to re-assign wounded companions from Bed Rest to the Brawlin' task, and the timers were always about equal, but recently I noticed a high level companion's Brawlin' timer was going to be more than two hours longer than the Bed Rest.

When I checked the times recorded on Miracle Mitch's wiki page, those high-level companion timers were different.

Either Bed Rest was adjusted or Brawlin' was...

I'm beginning to think this is so; I just finished another attempt at a solo run of Smuggler's Arena and Sarah Steele with 1 rank of Scrapper is under 6 hrs. of bed rest. ( I had to adjust for the amount of time between her defeat and when I left the Arena. ) At the last time I checked a companion with 4 ranks of Scrapper, the bed rest time was 5 1/2 hrs.
Either it's been adjusted or I'm remembering wrong or aliens have taken over.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
@One-Eyed Jack - will we hear the result of this query on KI Live perhaps?