Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quests and XP after Level 65...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
So, I finally got my Privateer to level 65, and noticed the experience bar disappeared - the XP counter on your character page also stayed static on completing a quest afterwards. I hope that with the next update will come new worlds and additional levels (up to level 80 maybe?). I definitely want to be able to experience these new worlds as quickly as possible, and so would like to complete the Aquila/Argos storyline, but I'm hesitant because I don't want all of that potential XP to just disappear on me.

My question, then, is - are the experience points from completed questions "banked" in some way pending the next update? I hope someone can answer this, as I haven't been able to find one on the boards so far.

Thanks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Batinthebelfry on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
So, I finally got my Privateer to level 65, and noticed the experience bar disappeared - the XP counter on your character page also stayed static on completing a quest afterwards. I hope that with the next update will come new worlds and additional levels (up to level 80 maybe?). I definitely want to be able to experience these new worlds as quickly as possible, and so would like to complete the Aquila/Argos storyline, but I'm hesitant because I don't want all of that potential XP to just disappear on me.

My question, then, is - are the experience points from completed questions "banked" in some way pending the next update? I hope someone can answer this, as I haven't been able to find one on the boards so far.

Thanks.
No they aren't banked. Once you hit the level or xp cap what you earn will not apply. Not to worry though, they always provide more that enough xp for you to finish whatever the current level cap is.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
Thanks for the response, it was kind of what I figured - I'll probably keep going anyway, just save up the side missions for later.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Batinthebelfry on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:

Thanks.
Save the quests for when the next world comes and the cap is raised. You can start getting x points again then and sometimes it is helpful for some to have a way to get points and level when they reach a point where they need a little extra zing to get past a tough boss or dungeon. Myself, I always finish all the side quests before a new world comes just so I have a clean slate and also there is usually no shortage of new side quests when the new worlds come. I think this next go around I will complete the side quests before I finish the game. Sometimes there are weapons and companions to be had and also this way you can reach the level cap before you finish the game and be stronger for those tough dungeons and bosses.