Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions about spells

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
1. I have a spell that "slows" an enemy. What attribute is that supposed to affect on the enemy? I can never tell if it is doing anything.

2. Haste - again does that affect agility? What is it supposed to improve?

3. I have 66 thousand and something in the way of gold and it told me I was getting close to my gold limit and to go buy something. What is the limit? I thought it would be higher because Housing in the crown shop shows you can buy with crowns or gold and one of the houses is listed as costing 100,000 gold. I've been saving to buy it. ??

4.What does resistance do? Which attribute or affect is it related to? Does it reduce the chance of getting poisoned?

It would be nice if you guys could post some details on the traits and on how all of this works with the different characters. You know, Witch Doctors need higher Will, etc.

Thanks!

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
The gold limit so far is 100,000. I don't know if or when that will go up.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
1. I have a spell that "slows" an enemy. What attribute is that supposed to affect on the enemy? I can never tell if it is doing anything.
Slow reduces the number of spaces a unit can move on the board per round.

2. Haste - again does that affect agility? What is it supposed to improve?
Haste is the opposite of slow, increasing the number of spaces a unit can move on the board per round.

3. I have 66 thousand and something in the way of gold and it told me I was getting close to my gold limit and to go buy something. What is the limit? I thought it would be higher because Housing in the crown shop shows you can buy with crowns or gold and one of the houses is listed as costing 100,000 gold. I've been saving to buy it. ??
The gold cap is currently 100,000 coins. If you have 66,000, I can assume that you farm occasionally. If you purchase the 100,000 house, you should make up the difference while you farm fairly quickly.
P.S. That house is HUMONGOUS! You'll be capping your gold a few more times to furnish it all.

4.What does resistance do? Which attribute or affect is it related to? Does it reduce the chance of getting poisoned?
Resistance reduces the magical damage a unit takes during battle. I think the ratio is 1/1? 1 resistance = 1 magical damage blocked. You may want to double-check that.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Hello Ravenshoal!

In terms of Haste and Slow, I am actually as much at a loss at it as you. I have no clue how you get hasted or slowed.

The gold limit is 100,000. You can reach 100,000, but at that point, you will not be able to gain a single gold coin until you buy stuff.

Resistance is the armor counterpart. Each point of resistance is one point of damage less that you take from magical or spooky attacks. For example. You have 40 resistance. A magical attack would hit you for 100. You would end up taking 60 damage.

There is a relatively lengthy guide on stats and such that I wrote called "Tactics! Tips and Tricks, and good Strategy" and many people responded with their own info. That may be helpful to you.

Administrator
Thanks everyone!

Note that after the update that is on the current Test Realm goes live, the Rank 2 and 3 versions of the Haste spell also add a First Strike/Riposte capability to melee companions and Quick Draw/Return Fire to ranged companions.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
Thank you all that was very helpful.

Happy Pirating!