Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question/feedback on henchman pricing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
Since I can't seem to find the test realm section.... I'll just post it here.

Are henchman supposed to be priced based on how useful they are or are they purposely overpriced to discourage players from overusing them? If the prior I feel that the henchman are overpriced for a one battle only deal. Maybe they could last for five battles instead of one?

Administrator
Just to restate from the Update Notes, these Henchmen are currently priced the way they are because on a whole there are many things that make these companions better and more powerful than any combat boost we have provided before. Flexibility, strength, versatility, ease of use, and the ability to command these Henchmen make them very valuable in your battles throughout Pirate101. We feel it’s quite a fair value at each level and hope after using them a number of times, you’ll feel the same way.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Oct 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Just to restate from the Update Notes, these Henchmen are currently priced the way they are because on a whole there are many things that make these companions better and more powerful than any combat boost we have provided before. Flexibility, strength, versatility, ease of use, and the ability to command these Henchmen make them very valuable in your battles throughout Pirate101. We feel it’s quite a fair value at each level and hope after using them a number of times, you’ll feel the same way.
Imo an instant 'I win' button for any single battle is worth 200 crowns tops... If the henchman lasted for an hour then the prices would make sense. It's not the power of the henchman or their usefulness in battle that's the problem, it's that they only last for one battle.

Community Leader
Having logged onto test realm and tried the henchmen, I agree with Kingsisle that these are fair prices. The henchmen will be extremely useful in tough situations and the whole system for using them is really well designed. Great job Kingsisle!

Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
Autumn Dreamwalker on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
Having logged onto test realm and tried the henchmen, I agree with Kingsisle that these are fair prices. The henchmen will be extremely useful in tough situations and the whole system for using them is really well designed. Great job Kingsisle!
Good Day The way I see them used is for major BOSS fights. If you have tried a fight once or twice and you cant get friends to help then you pony up the crowns and hire a henchman to help. I thank this is what they are designed for. The price will be well worth it if the boss fight (you cant win alone) is what is stopping your progression. Great idea KingsIsle.

H.J. Hawkins

Ensign
Feb 27, 2011
I think the new henchmen are great. I love Grumpy humphrey Umphrey and the wonder Dee Forrest!

No problems at all with pricing. I wish I'd had them when my other crew went after the yellow windstone!

This game just keeps getting better and better!

Thanks,

Carol

Ensign
May 02, 2010
First off I must say congrats on making henchman for pirates, far and above superior in every way to their wiz101 counterparts. But if you want to charge these kinda of crown prices please make the companions last longer then one fight. Rather it be a time duration or a set number of battles.