Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question for Ratbeard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
Hello Ratbeard,

In the new pack, Ashes of the Armada, they're are a plethora of new weapons, some of which have combinations never seen before. Two of these weapons in particular, Cinder King's Blade and the Pharaohs Blade, utilize WD talents but in melee form. My question to you is; Do these weapons act as normal melee weapons i.e. melee combat would conduct normally as if both pirates were using melee talents, or do WD talents being used only activate towards other WD talents?

I suppose a specific example would be a scenario with the above mentioned weapons. Say a WD equipped with the Cinder King's Blade, which grants doomspell (Sneak attack when flanking), moves around a target and has met the requirements that would normally activate an attack of this type; a) will doomspell activate? b) will the opponent pirate be able to react with his/her own melee talents (first strike, vengeance strike, riposte)???

Whatever the answer, the new pack is awesome! The wizard101 combo weapons are really cool and the new haywire companions are fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work you and your team do!

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
I believe since doomspell is a Witchdoctor epic, it would not trigger melee epics.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
Yea i'm not entirely sure. I'd like to know if it would even activate

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
Witch talents like Retribution will activate if hit with a melee weapon but it won't trigger vengeance strike or riposte.