Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about Ship Powers

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
When you use a ship power, when does the buff or debuff activate? After the animation or as soon as the 1,2,3 or 4 key is pressed? Thanks in advance.

Ruthless Luke Richardson
Trojan Warrior

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Excellent question!! I try to give a 2 second delay before I count on it as activated.

Administrator
Agreed! It is an excellent question, so I went to Dockmaster Dan (the Designer in charge of these kinds of Ship matters), and he gave me the following information to pass along to you all: "Benediction, Indomitable, Sailor's Hex and Blizzard start their effect in the first second. While Chromatic Yawn, Entropic Sphere, and Old Man Winter start at about the 3 second mark."

In other words . . . it depends on the power being used!

Thanks for the question!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 02, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Agreed! It is an excellent question, so I went to Dockmaster Dan (the Designer in charge of these kinds of Ship matters), and he gave me the following information to pass along to you all: "Benediction, Indomitable, Sailor's Hex and Blizzard start their effect in the first second. While Chromatic Yawn, Entropic Sphere, and Old Man Winter start at about the 3 second mark."

In other words . . . it depends on the power being used!

Thanks for the question!
Okay, thanks! Now I'll be able to make a better strategy to take over the Skyways! MWHAHAHAHA!

Merciless Valkoor
Gladiator Optimus