Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about gear

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 12, 2014
So back in Wizard101 we had bosses to farm for gear such as senator, waterworks, hades, darkmoor etc.

Since I decided to play Pirate101 for a change I was wondering if there were good gear to farm

Questions : Are there any good gear to farm? Which gear are there? Are bazaar gear still good? If there are good gear to farm where would I have to go?

You can answer in any way :] half answers are okay too

Thanks for answers

See you in game!

-Salty Duncan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DeliciousGloves on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
So back in Wizard101 we had bosses to farm for gear such as senator, waterworks, hades, darkmoor etc.

Since I decided to play Pirate101 for a change I was wondering if there were good gear to farm

Questions : Are there any good gear to farm? Which gear are there? Are bazaar gear still good? If there are good gear to farm where would I have to go?

Thanks for answers

See you in game!

-Salty Duncan
Here is a great guide that will show you lots of great boss gear.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

Thanks for answers

See you in game!

-Salty Duncan
bazaar gear is garbage, was garbage before tower and still is, farm tower of moo manchu

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
bazaar gear is garbage, was garbage before tower and still is, farm tower of moo manchu
Bazaar gear is NOT garbage, I've bought some good gear there when I needed an up grade. Of course, if you're looking for gear that grants a power or talent, you won't find it there, you must farm a boss. But to make that sweeping statement, is wrong.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
The gear at the bazaar is good for your pirate. It is not the best though, so if you want really good gear farn bosses that have special loot. They will have second chance chests.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
Bazaar gear is NOT garbage, I've bought some good gear there when I needed an up grade. Of course, if you're looking for gear that grants a power or talent, you won't find it there, you must farm a boss. But to make that sweeping statement, is wrong.
I consider any piece of gear that is not a no auction/no trade to be garbage, you may not think like that but anything else just isn't worth the time or gold for me

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012

Thanks for answers

See you in game!

-Salty Duncan
For the classes of Buccaneer, Privateer and Witchdoctor, Moo Manchu Tower gear is about as good as it gets. For the other classes you may have to farm various bosses throughout the game to get gear for your pirate. Beginning in Cool Ranch you will find gear that is good enough to use even at max level. For the most part, though, the best gear for max levels is found in Aquila. If you feel like trusting the P101 Wiki you can search for specific gear items there and see which boss drops it or even just search all gear items for your class and level and go down the list viewing the stats and abilities the items grant and make your choices that way. Another way to find out who drops what would be to simply view the pirates you encounter from day to day and when you see someone with a gear item you would like...ask them where they got it. Contrary to popular belief, most pirates are quite approachable and more than happy to assist.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Examine your fighting style and ask yourself what trade-offs you are willing to make. After doing this choosing the correct gear to make it happen will become clear.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey