Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pro's and Con's

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 06, 2012
Hey guys! I'm kinda new to Pirate101, and i was just wondering if you could tell me the pro's and cons of each class ( trying a , just so ya know). I'm talking about things like Health, powerful or not, and all that mumbo-jumbo

See you in the game! Sarcastic Amber Nightngale

Ensign
Aug 23, 2010
Welcome Nightmare to the spiral. I hope this will help.
Buccaneer Pro's: Lots of health, Strong damage, Amazing armor
Buccaneer Con's: Not many attack powers, least amount of companions

Swashbuckler Pro's: Dodge most hits, Very strong, Many good attacks, Good with soloing, Many good companions
Swashbuckler Con's: Little health, Rely on privateer moves to heal, Not many companion attacks

Witchdoctor Pro's: Good range, many spells, Barely have to move, Good damage
Witchdoctor Con's: Bad when enemy is up close, bad when you run out of spells, not much armor

Privateer Pro's: Most health, Good armor, All around with weapons, Many companions, Many healing talents
Privateer Con's: Not as strong, Bad without a strategy

Musketeer Pro's: High range, School with many traps, Many abilities, Hits multiple enemies at once, can barricade to protect yourself
Musketeer Con's: Must stay in one place to hit, Not good dodge, Not much armor

Sly Luke Davenport 65 Swashbuckler
See you in the spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
nightmaremoon296 on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys! I'm kinda new to Pirate101, and i was just wondering if you could tell me the pro's and cons of each class ( trying a , just so ya know). I'm talking about things like Health, powerful or not, and all that mumbo-jumbo

Hi Amber, welcome to the message board family. All the classes have weaknesses and strengths, they are pretty balanced. A lot of it is your playing style. If you are the type that loves to charge in there guns a blazing then Musketeer or Buccaneer is good. If you like to hang back a bit and plan things and direct others then Privateer or Witchdoctor suits that. If you love healing and helping others do better, that's Privateer for ya. If you love sneaking in and delivering the powerful punches and being the graceful acrobat then you will love Swashbuckler. The powerful protector suits the Buccaneer too, they can take the hits so the higher damage dealers can do their stuff yet deal some stiff damage themselves.
Witchdoctors have to deal with lower accuracy and the dreaded fizzle but they are really powerful. I think my easiest times through were with my Witchdoctor and Privateer, at least in the levels below 30. After that they all get pretty powerful. Swashbucklers are damaged very easily and need extra protection but are well worth that trouble. A Privateer will have the most companions so there will be more guys to train but with the new updates thats a whole lot of crew doing extra stuff to benefit you. Quite the advantage in my book.
Can't think of anything else off the cuff, sorry if its a bit scattered in thinking, I am spur of the moment here. If I have forgotten anything please chime in Marauders.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
nightmaremoon296 on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:

Welcome to the message boards Have good damage but low health High health and armor but low damage. Have allot of good stuff but some bad companions. They can set traps and hit you far away but there not so good against other musketeers like in mb. And they can't do hand to hand combat well.
They can heal boost effects, have lots of companions, have heavy armor but there damage from what I have seen is great.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Here's my shot.

Pros
  1. Best physical armor and health in the game.
  2. Can chase down enemies with their double movement attack.
  3. Turn the tide gives Buccaneers more damage and accuracy.
Cons
  1. Low ability pool which means the Buccaneers have to rely on equipment w/ abilities to expand it.
  2. Almost no magical resistance.

Pros
  1. Can use traps abilities that can hinder enemy movement.
  2. Strong range.
  3. AoE abilities that can debuff.
Cons
  1. Cannot attack after moving(ignoring epics like Quickdraw) unless Musketeers are using a hybrid weapon.
  2. Melee enemies can shred them once they close the gap.

Pros
  1. Some of their abilities have infinite range. Other abilities can rival the Musketeer's range.
  2. Can summon minions to clear traps, distract enemies, chip damage, etc.
  3. Master of powerful elemental attacks like Mojo Blade, Mojo Storm, etc.
Cons

1. Almost no physical defense.
  2. Cannot attack after moving.

Pros
  1. Glass cannon. Powerful abilities and epics can drain an enemy's health before they even have a chance to hurt you.
  2. Can move the most squares on the battle board.
  3. Hidden ability allow the user to deal 2x damage.
Cons

1. Highest concentration of below-average companions.
  2. Not as tough as Buccaneers.

Pros

1. Powerful buffing abilities can turn their allies into demi-gods.
  2. Their only attacking ability can hit anywhere on the map.
  3. Can heal their allies.
Cons

1. Privateers relies on companions the most out of any other classes.
  2. Seriously lacking attacking abilities. Must rely on equipment w/ abilities in order to deal their weight in damage.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Swashbucklers
Pros:
Very strong
Dodges a lot
Cons:
Low health (squishy!)

Witchdoctors
Pros:
Can summon minions
Can do powers from any range