Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Promoting non-quest companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 12, 2009
I was just wondering if it is possible to promote non-quest companions By non-quest companions I mean companions not received through story or side quests. I want to know if you can promote the ones bought with crowns or, in my case, the ones received from cards and bundles.
Thanks in advance!

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
I received the swashbuckling cat from the Boochbeard bundle. So far, (level 6) I have been able to add an ability to my other companions.. all except him. Can this please be corrected? If they have no talents or skill to be added, they will very quickly become worthless as their peers will advance.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I got a Cat Pirate with the Boochbeard Bundle that I've been able to promote from level 3 to level 6 (so far). As to whether or not he gets any Epic Talents, he already has Repel Boarders. Hopefully the promotions will cause him to get others.

Ensign
May 21, 2008
Most of the units get promotions, the only ones that don't are typically more simple animals (like scorpions and the like)... we're going to add the line "Promotes at XX level" to the mouseover popup of the companions, so that you know when the next promotion question is -- if they have one.
(and yes, the cat pirate does have promotion ranks.)

JTC

Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
jtoddcoleman on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Most of the units get promotions, the only ones that don't are typically more simple animals (like scorpions and the like)... we're going to add the line "Promotes at XX level" to the mouseover popup of the companions, so that you know when the next promotion question is -- if they have one.

JTC
The cat companion is not gaining a new talent at level 4 like he should. We get an in game message that he receives a new talent but the 'new talent' button doesn't appear for him like the other companions. There's a thread about this in the Shipyard.

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008

JTC
Its not the promotion that Im concerned about. Its the skill point they get every 4 levels. When I hit 4th, the cat said he got a point but then it went away. I was not able to add "rough" or "spooky" or whatever I wanted from THAT particular list. Its not the epic talents that is missing.

The cat is missing the skill point and it is noticeable when you look at his stats compared to the others.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2011
My first mate cat got a level up to choose a new talent. The helper thing even came up to say the cat can learn new talent. But the lightning bolt did not show up in portrait to give new talent. Glitch?

Thanks,
Merciful Seth Lewis

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009

JTC
Good to know. My cat is at level 12 and has not receieved any talents. I put him last in my line-up.