Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateers overpowered

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
I just want to know why privateers get all the good stuff. They can wear full metal guardian gear plus weapon and get assassin strike charms,rings and totems. What exactly to I as a buccaneer get? I know your going to say mifune's. Lol what a joke. Like that makes up for it. Do any buccs out there feel the same way? Is that why there are so few of us. Please give the buccaneers some love. Arrrrr

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Buccaneers were a bit underpowered prior to the recent update. However, KI added turn the tide to Buccaneers. The first rank adds damage, second rank adds accuracy and we don't know what the third rank adds. That being said buccaneers have the best armor value in game, the ability to wear heavy armor(which includes the metal guardian set), the longest lasting physical/shooty tank spells(the leviathans call sequence), the most natural epic talents of any class, accuracy debuffs that now last for a good amount of time, the only spells that allow for doubled movement and the strongest base attack power. Buccaneers also have access to items that give cards such as valors armor, assasins strike, backstab etc. Furthermore, I think KI has other plans for improving buccaneers including the aforementioned Turn the Tide rank 3. Ratbeard has also hinted that in the coming lvl cap increase update the next rank of hold the line will have an improved effect. Stay tuned :)

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Sorapis on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:
I just want to know why privateers get all the good stuff. They can wear full metal guardian gear plus weapon and get assassin strike charms,rings and totems. What exactly to I as a buccaneer get? I know your going to say mifune's. Lol what a joke. Like that makes up for it. Do any buccs out there feel the same way? Is that why there are so few of us. Please give the buccaneers some love. Arrrrr
You said it yourself. The Privateer got Assassin's Strike through gear.

That is not really evidence of Privateers being overpowered themselves. That power is granted by an item.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Sorapis on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:
I feel you even though I am a privateer Sorapis.

I'm a privateer and a buccaneer, privateers get to equip good stuff cause we are weaker than any other class. Name one time that you have seen a lvl say 45-50 get beat even though they were wearing good stuff, then name three times a privateer in the same lvl range got beat when he/she didn't have good armor on.

As a bucaneer we are tough, though there aren't as many drops for us we still are some of the longest on the field and one of the heaviest hitters who really knows what tanking is. We if equiped with the right stuff can and will rule the field of battle.

Is this a good explanation? plz tell

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Buccaneers can get awesome gear if you know what and where to look. The Metal Guardian gear is not that great, imo. There are drops that grant Buccaneers three Assassin's Strikes: a hat, armor, and token. Then you can get boots that grant Mournsong and two Backstabs from a charm and ring. Now double your blocking damage before going into battle and you are going to be one of the toughest on the field.

There may be more and better options out there but this is just what i have found so far.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
Yeah I still don't get it. I understand buccaneers can wear metal guardian armor. Didn't I mention I am a buccaneer. My point is gear allows privateers to be better all around. I understand buccaneers have more base armor..having said that privateers make up for it with there heals. So armor value/heal cancel out there comparison in that regard.. Moving on to damage privateers do more damage three assassin strike items and it doesn't even matter wif they are wearing metal guardians armor. There crit buff is enough to completely shadow a buccaneer in dps with that combo. While we buccaneers if we are lucky have mifune's and have access to at least one assassin strike and I won't complain about how it has less armor then metal guardians .. Wich privateers can wear. Uuugh. We as buccaneers don't really do anything. Staying alive isn't hard for any class so big deal if we can take a couple extra hits. We draw agro. Lol supposedly if they ever do make the taunting skills work we are toast. Then what. Can't take out mobs fast enough. Low dps. There are so many things wrong... Do the admins even read this. Do they play the game do they even care as long as people keep buying crowns?

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Just because there is Assassin Strike gear for Privateers, doesnt mean everyone has them. Besides, Buccaneers can receive a full set of Mojo Blade and many Assassin Strikes as well. There is good gear for everyone including Buccaneers. Good gear affects all classes to be better all around. There is no mean in saying there is powerful gear you can't get when there are vast amounts of powerful gear you can obtain. Privateers dont even do as much damage as Buccaneers anyways. I could only hit for about 500 with one of them. Your armor and powers combined could of weakened it to only 100 damage. Your shields are not useless and there is a reason you have them. With Frenzy combined with armors and shields, you could easily take out mobs. Your Buccaneer Strikes allows you to strike first before all opponents because it has double range. It can also decrease Accuracy to prevent you from getting hit and your shields and armor would still make any incoming attacks useless. Buccaneers are good as they are. You guys can receive Buccaneer gear with heals such as Revive and powerful attacks Assassin Strike, which is not only on Mifune's Gusoku.
Privateers arent Overpowered either. They rely on Companions for damage and barely do damage on their own. Without their Companions die, they are pretty much sitting ducks considering they have low accuracy and dodge. They are prety much easy to kill once they wasted all their powers. Their Critical Buff doesn't mean they will critical every round. If you increase your durabily with powers like Leviathan's Call, then use your Vicous Strike on the Privateer, then use attacks from the gear you have on, you will be able to kill the Privateer. You have access to many Assassin Strikes, and you are not limited to that single torso of yours. Buccaneers are fine the way they are. I tend to win in PvP a lot when using a Buccaneer. Privateers are not the only ones who have been getting all the good stuff. Everyone has always been able to.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Sorapis on Mar 27, 2013 wrote:
Yeah I still don't get it. I understand buccaneers can wear metal guardian armor. Didn't I mention I am a buccaneer. My point is gear allows privateers to be better all around. I understand buccaneers have more base armor..having said that privateers make up for it with there heals. So armor value/heal cancel out there comparison in that regard.. Moving on to damage privateers do more damage three assassin strike items and it doesn't even matter wif they are wearing metal guardians armor. There crit buff is enough to completely shadow a buccaneer in dps with that combo. While we buccaneers if we are lucky have mifune's and have access to at least one assassin strike and I won't complain about how it has less armor then metal guardians .. Wich privateers can wear. Uuugh. We as buccaneers don't really do anything. Staying alive isn't hard for any class so big deal if we can take a couple extra hits. We draw agro. Lol supposedly if they ever do make the taunting skills work we are toast. Then what. Can't take out mobs fast enough. Low dps. There are so many things wrong... Do the admins even read this. Do they play the game do they even care as long as people keep buying crowns?
Dude, in the next expansion they should make a bucaneer move called "Slam it" where you attack an enemy with a hit at least of 4xregular hit per-round and stun the target for three rounds while getting Riposte for the rest of the round. They also should make a minor heal for every class, so that it's balanced a little more with healing.
Also dude I've seen bucaneer with friar sand's hard to get blade, they wreak havoc while kicking some serious booty.

Ok? Sorapis if you read this plz post if it's good or bad.

One eyed Jack Rat beard help out Sorapis on this thread

Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
There is a level 40 helm that's even harder to get then mifune's.. If you have a bucc token with assassin strike then your the only one to have it. I don't think one exists though.. In fact every level 50 bucc I have talked to agrees. And the hat is so rare I've only seen it once. I wold love for you to prove me wrong. By the way I hear the buccaneer assassin strike helm also drops off monkey king doppelgänger if anyone is looking. But good luck lol

Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
Lol you people keep saying there is a lot of assassin strike items for buccaneers and yet you can't list them. That's probably because you don't know what your talking about. Your entire response is laughable Hahahahahahaha.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Sorapis on Mar 29, 2013 wrote:
Lol you people keep saying there is a lot of assassin strike items for buccaneers and yet you can't list them. That's probably because you don't know what your talking about. Your entire response is laughable Hahahahahahaha.
I wouldn't be in such a hurry to dismiss everyones arguments. I am not even a bucaneer and from my extensive farming I have gained multiple items that give bucaneers great attack powers.

Here is a list
Metal Guardians Helm- Gives Spike Trap
Asanos Helm- Gives Mojo Blade
Mifunes Waikidate- Gives Mournsong
Braves Helmet- Gives Bonfire Shot
Oishis Great Helm- Gives Assasins strike

Asanos Yoroi- Gives Inferno Shot
Shinpan Daimyos Armor- Gives Mojo Blade
Mifune's Gosoku- Gives Assasin strike
Artilerry Pauldron- Gives Artillery
Lord Kamei's Armor- Gives Hurricane Round

Genji's Kutsu- Gives Mournsong
Hermits Heavy Boots- Gives Critical Strike x2

Hotaru Talisman, Joseys Stolen Badge- Gives Backstab
Tsunami Charm- Gives Hurricane Round
Hunter's Talisman- Gives Case Shot

Prenda De Armadura- Gives Backstab
Rancorous Bauble- Gives Mournsong
Righteous Retribution- Gives Mojo Blade
Ancestors Hoop- Gives Case Shot
Bison's Talisman- Gives Brutal Charge

Aro De Armadura- Gives Backstab

Now just from the gear I managed to get(without farming for Bucaneer items mind you) I can get 2 assasins strike and 3 back stabs or any combination of a number of attacks. Keep looking and I am sure you too can get great Gear :)

Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
Admin please respond to the original post or delete this entirely for it has fallen on deaf..... Ears? I will not continue to repeat myself any more. Good bye pirate101

Developer
Sorapis on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
Admin please respond to the original post or delete this entirely for it has fallen on deaf..... Ears? I will not continue to repeat myself any more. Good bye pirate101
1) Buccaneers will be getting some interesting new tricks very soon. (Including lots of new gear.)

2) Privateers are not overpowered (though I suspect they may be over-represented...)

3) PVP is currently in "practice mode" only. It is not appropriate to rebalance the classes based on PVP at this time.

At the moment, we are working hard to complete tons of new content.