Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer Companions...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 02, 2014
So I was wondering, why are there so few swashbuckler companions for privateers? So far I have gotten as far as Cool Ranch (just after defeating English Bill) and the only non-crown swashbuckler companion is El Toro. I do have one crown companion that is a swashbuckler (Malik) but that is literally the only one I have! I'm just wondering, why is El Toro the only non-crown companion that is a swashbuckler for privateers?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Why are you fixated on Swashbucklers? Not to mention that if you are only in Cool Ranch, you haven't even recruited half of what is available. Your crew has a variety of great companions, not all of which come from main quests. Sometimes you have to do side quests to recruit companions, and sometimes Swashbucklers aren't the best fighters for a particular battle.

Here is a link to a list of all the Privateer-recruited companions:

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Category:Privateer-Only_Companions

You should have Iago joining you in Port Regal, and Ju Hao in MooShu, if you feel you need more swash in your ship.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BlueK9 on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
So I was wondering, why are there so few swashbuckler companions for privateers? So far I have gotten as far as Cool Ranch (just after defeating English Bill) and the only non-crown swashbuckler companion is El Toro. I do have one crown companion that is a swashbuckler (Malik) but that is literally the only one I have! I'm just wondering, why is El Toro the only non-crown companion that is a swashbuckler for privateers?
You haven't met all the available companions yet. But I can tell you that when you reach Port Regal, you'll get a wonderful swashbuckler companion - Iago.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
BlueK9 on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
3 out of the 5 companions you will recruit in MooShu are , also lago is a
Just keep on questing and you will get more swashies

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
You haven't met all the available companions yet. But I can tell you that when you reach Port Regal, you'll get a wonderful swashbuckler companion - Iago.
Iago: I! I am back. Darkmoordude's posts are funny again.

Ensign
Jun 02, 2014
anecorbie on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I've reached Port Regal and he's my first mate now. I was just wondering why there aren't that many swashbuckler companions; I only have two right now, Malik and Iago.