Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Prepaid Game Cards Becoming Extinct?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I live in a One Million + Metropolitan city in Texas. I have called and driven all over looking for specific game cards to no avail.

Just today;

I called all of the Targets and even went to a few looking for the $20 prepaid pet card with the Budgies and was told they don't carry them anymore. In fact, they didn't even have any of the $20 Ice cats on their layout for W101. The only cards they had were for the Winterbane Gauntlet & Pagoda Gauntlet.

Then I stopped at Walmart to purchase some of their $20 Dragon cards. They had a recent change to their layout and don't carry any cards other than the Hoodoo Bundle.

So I stopped at a GameStop to get some $20 cards for the Walktopus. They at least had those! Yay! I saw that they also had the Empire, Arcane Builders, $10 Piggle, & $20 Demon cards. However, they didn't even have a space for the $10 Crawlie ones.

Of course we know that they discontinued the Spirits from the $20 Best Buy cards :(

Are the P101 prepaid cards going away? Will they eventually all be available to buy online? Perhaps y'all might consider making Toys R Us a general marketplace since they are nationwide and are the TOY & VIDEO GAME store. Maybe even HEB grocery stores for us Texans :P

Thanks for reading and hopefully providing some insight.

~SM~

Administrator
SorceressMiklai on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I live in a One Million + Metropolitan city in Texas. I have called and driven all over looking for specific game cards to no avail.

Just today;

I called all of the Targets and even went to a few looking for the $20 prepaid pet card with the Budgies and was told they don't carry them anymore. In fact, they didn't even have any of the $20 Ice cats on their layout for W101. The only cards they had were for the Winterbane Gauntlet & Pagoda Gauntlet.

Then I stopped at Walmart to purchase some of their $20 Dragon cards. They had a recent change to their layout and don't carry any cards other than the Hoodoo Bundle.

So I stopped at a GameStop to get some $20 cards for the Walktopus. They at least had those! Yay! I saw that they also had the Empire, Arcane Builders, $10 Piggle, & $20 Demon cards. However, they didn't even have a space for the $10 Crawlie ones.

Of course we know that they discontinued the Spirits from the $20 Best Buy cards :(

Are the P101 prepaid cards going away? Will they eventually all be available to buy online? Perhaps y'all might consider making Toys R Us a general marketplace since they are nationwide and are the TOY & VIDEO GAME store. Maybe even HEB grocery stores for us Texans :P

Thanks for reading and hopefully providing some insight.

~SM~
Sorry you're having difficulty finding the prepaid cards you are looking for. Pirate101 prepaid cards aren't going away, and we are looking for more opportunities to reintroduce both the Seaweed Spirit line of pets and the Durango Buffaloon line of pets . . . so be looking for more information in the future!

If you cannot locate the card you want, sometimes it can help to contact the distribution company directly. KingsIsle does not manage the delivery and distribution of our cards to retail stores as that's done by a company called InComm - you can contact them at http://www.incomm.com/contact-us/ to make them aware you're looking for specific cards in specific story locations.

Sometimes it also helps to visit the particular retailer's online feedback form and request that more cards be restocked!

See you in the skyways!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Oh boy Jack you rascally wabbit! :P

You messed up my prepaid card section for Petnome! LOL I just went to double check cards and saw a whole bunch of party themed pets are now availble :)

I don't Pokemon but I "gotta catch 'em all!"

~SM~