Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Predictions on Cagliostro and Desdemona

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 05, 2011
I decided to look the name up after all this time. It seems he is based off of Alessandro Cagliostro. Though there isn't much that could be connected to the codes, it does say that he was abandoned early on in life and it does give reasons for him to be a witchdoctor (he studied alchemy, and more). It also says he was a extraordinary forger, and he was accused for a ton of crimes, and traveled all over Europe. I guess this could mean that he was wandering the spiral, to escape the Armada because he possibly knew this code. And he hid in Valencia. Desdemona is a name that is also in a Shakespeare play, that takes place in Venice. She was in love with Othello, then Iago (unicorn companion shares name) convinces her (or possibly her father) that she did not love Othello. Othello later hurts Desdemona, and I'm not sure if what else happens is appropriate for the forums, but well, Desdemona dies. That's what I've gathered, I'll try and connect later on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Peregrin Took on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
I decided to look the name up after all this time. It seems he is based off of Alessandro Cagliostro. Though there isn't much that could be connected to the codes, it does say that he was abandoned early on in life and it does give reasons for him to be a witchdoctor (he studied alchemy, and more). It also says he was a extraordinary forger, and he was accused for a ton of crimes, and traveled all over Europe. I guess this could mean that he was wandering the spiral, to escape the Armada because he possibly knew this code. And he hid in Valencia. Desdemona is a name that is also in a Shakespeare play, that takes place in Venice. She was in love with Othello, then Iago (unicorn companion shares name) convinces her (or possibly her father) that she did not love Othello. Othello later hurts Desdemona, and I'm not sure if what else happens is appropriate for the forums, but well, Desdemona dies. That's what I've gathered, I'll try and connect later on.
Welcome to the message boards, Peregrin Took ( love your name btw ) Yes, Alessandro Cagliostro was a very interesting individual, I'm interested in seeing what the KI writers have done with him. Will he be a Guinea Pig or Unicorn, what do you think?

Ensign
Jul 05, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, Peregrin Took ( love your name btw ) Yes, Alessandro Cagliostro was a very interesting individual, I'm interested in seeing what the KI writers have done with him. Will he be a Guinea Pig or Unicorn, what do you think?
I think he might be a Unicorn, I don't know just I guess seems like it. He's kinda of like Iago, so I can definitely see that. Maybe the designs for the Valencian companion could be Caligostro. He might be a witchdoctor though, but they might of changed him up a bit.

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
Peregrin Took on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
I think he might be a Unicorn, I don't know just I guess seems like it. He's kinda of like Iago, so I can definitely see that. Maybe the designs for the Valencian companion could be Caligostro. He might be a witchdoctor though, but they might of changed him up a bit.
Maybe those are the names of people who were part of the team that created the clockworks? Desdemona they captured and are holding her prisoner, and Cagliostro, which I hope is a connection to the famous Lupin the 3rd movie by Hayao Miyazaki, was a member that managed to escape their clutches, and is now covertly trying to defeat his creation.