Practice Point and Bonnie Ann

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 20, 2009
17
Hey, why does the Commodore not offer Rouse to other pirate classes for a practice point now? Why force us to have Bonnie Ann as first mate to have access to heals? Wasnt that the idea of practice points, letting us CHOOSE where to spend them, now there is no choice if we want a heal as a last resort. Bonnie Anne's Rouse is half as effective and it could be because she doesnt try to get WILL boost from her clothing or extra spooky from Vadima, you just cost me some companion suport in a few battles. Because I cannot choose Rouse with a practice point I cannot get a group heal either as that requires Rouse? In my opinion you have taken some of the fun out of this game.

Administrator
Hi! We have a bug currently that is making it so if you have a piece of gear equipped with the Rouse power, it causes the Commodore to appear to not offer the Rouse power for training. If you could try to see if this is the case for you, and let me know if removing the gear allowed you to then purchase the power, that would be great!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jan 05, 2010
29
I'm confused? Bonnie Anne doesnt use the talent "ROUSE". Unless there is something I am missing?

Ensign
Mar 08, 2009
6
Ayup, I noticed that too! I have Livesy's ring with rouse on it and when it is equipped the Commodore will not offer rouse for training. when the ring is unequipped he will offer rouse. weird bug ehhh
Charlie Freeman LvL 50 + Swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
173
Careless Chris Eas... on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
I'm confused? Bonnie Anne doesnt use the talent "ROUSE". Unless there is something I am missing?
Bonnie Anne does heal it might not be called "Rouse" but she heals none the less

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
87
Uncast on Mar 2, 2013 wrote:
Ayup, I noticed that too! I have Livesy's ring with rouse on it and when it is equipped the Commodore will not offer rouse for training. when the ring is unequipped he will offer rouse. weird bug ehhh
Charlie Freeman LvL 50 + Swashbuckler
This must be recent with the new patch because I used livsey ring on all my chars leveling up and they had no problem purchasing Rouse with it equipped.

Ensign
Feb 20, 2009
17
Sorry I didnt answer back sooner Jack. I took off the clothes with Rouse and did have the opportunity to train Rouse from the Commodore. Now I notice when I level is empties my mojo potion, and sometimes when Old Scratch casts a spell it makes a black ring around his wand and nothing happens, did you add a fizzle chance for spell casters?

Administrator
CapnKaz on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
Sorry I didnt answer back sooner Jack. I took off the clothes with Rouse and did have the opportunity to train Rouse from the Commodore. Now I notice when I level is empties my mojo potion, and sometimes when Old Scratch casts a spell it makes a black ring around his wand and nothing happens, did you add a fizzle chance for spell casters?
Good to hear you were able to purchase the spell.

We have an update that will soon solve the problem with the mojo potions, it is a known bug.

What you're noticing with Old Scratch is this change from the update notes: "Magical AoE abilities will fizzle, rather than trigger a dodge animation from the target."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
28
I actually noticed that it's not only Rouse, but also other talents can't be learned if you have a card with equipment. Mojo Strike also can't be learned if you have the pendent equipped.

Administrator
This bug has been fixed as of last night's update. If there's any additional feedback, please share!

Thanks

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*