Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Power list

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 12, 2010
Is this a bug? because I am not exactly comfortable with it. I get something from my third page more often than my second page as a witch. I'd rather it be in order instead if its gonna be like that.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
You can think of your Power Cards along the same lines as your companions. Just because you order them in a certain way doesn't guarantee you will draw them in that order every time.

My WD has her buffs up on the first row then her major damage AoE and single attacks followed by her lower damage AoE and single hits. This is just a preferred list but they are still drawn according to percentage rates I believe.

Just as with your companions who may be on your second or third page and with only a <1% chance of joining. You will still sometimes draw them because they are a part of crew as your cards are a part of your deck.

You have two choices when you get a Power Card you don't especially like/want; either discard it and hope you get a better one the next turn. Or use it. Either way you will be clearing it out of your deck. It may not be the "best" card but it can still be a useful one.

~SM~

Ensign
May 12, 2010
SorceressMiklai on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
You can think of your Power Cards along the same lines as your companions. Just because you order them in a certain way doesn't guarantee you will draw them in that order every time.

My WD has her buffs up on the first row then her major damage AoE and single attacks followed by her lower damage AoE and single hits. This is just a preferred list but they are still drawn according to percentage rates I believe.

Just as with your companions who may be on your second or third page and with only a <1% chance of joining. You will still sometimes draw them because they are a part of crew as your cards are a part of your deck.

You have two choices when you get a Power Card you don't especially like/want; either discard it and hope you get a better one the next turn. Or use it. Either way you will be clearing it out of your deck. It may not be the "best" card but it can still be a useful one.

~SM~
Well, I appreciate this reply. When I think about it that way it makes sense. I was just kind of annoyed when things like getting my haste could be more common than my mojo storm or something off those lines...

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I tend to not put all my eggs in one basket ( not keeping all my strong attacks at the top of the page). I figure some of the lower stuff is going to occasionally show up. Being a swashbuckler, rather than put all my backstabs and poisons at the top, I will put the less strong ones a little further down. Even if I don't get the strongest one first, I do tend to get one that suits my strategy, and often the strong attack will show up, just a little later. I do it with crew too. There are so many good crew, that I can afford to put a few lower on the list than I might otherwise. So if I get a draw from the weak end of the list, I still might get someone I can work well with. If I get tired of who is showing up, I mix them up a little.