Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates tougher and longer then wizards?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I feel like Pirate101 is actually tougher then Wizard101 and much longer.

Anyone else think the same way?

None the less I like both of them and they each have there own unique elements.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I actually feel like Pirate101 is easier. It's a lot more enjoyable when I'm not dying at every turn.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Scarlet Freeman on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
I actually feel like Pirate101 is easier. It's a lot more enjoyable when I'm not dying at every turn.
I agree with Scarlet. I am here because I got tired of all the harsh work and constant losing of battles on Wizard. Pirate is challenging without being hard core. I plan on testing Wizard again since they have just made Azteca and Avalon easier, but I did one boss fight in Avalon with a friend and it was no breeze so the jury is still out in my book as to whether it has been lowered enough to lure me back.

Ensign
May 19, 2012
Hello.

I agree with Scarlet, playing pirate101 is in many ways much more fun for me.
In w101 there are areas/dungeons that are very hard to pass playing solo, if at all. Not to mention some bosses that are down right impossible to beat alone.
So, pirate101 is my game of choice, not just cause of easier playing but for more dynamic and joyfull storyline and gameplay as such.
Thank you KI for making our lives, real ones and virtual, more fun and joyful.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I prefer P101 to w101 because it makes me think more. I enjoy the challenges and variety. Wizard seems much longer to me because of the repetition, but maybe that has to do with the long time spent training pets (yuck).

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
I agree with Scarlet. I am here because I got tired of all the harsh work and constant losing of battles on Wizard. Pirate is challenging without being hard core. I plan on testing Wizard again since they have just made Azteca and Avalon easier, but I did one boss fight in Avalon with a friend and it was no breeze so the jury is still out in my book as to whether it has been lowered enough to lure me back.
hmm... i love it when its hard, i hate it when they basically cheat to make it hard, like the radicals. like making it so my companions with 125% plus accuracy will miss the musketeers constantly. that is inconcievable and it leaves you without any options. unlike for basset, which doesnt wreck your mood and make you wanna give up by exploiting the chance against you, but rather forces you to think smartly and strategize, prioritizing and thinking ahead to what powers you may need to leave for later and who to use them on, were to place yourself for best conservation and the best fighting experience. that is when it is fun.

I have done for basset 4 times and i haven't lost once, but i always came close, (except one time) and it was always because of me using a specific strategy to extend my life, if i did it like a lot of people do i wouldn't be past it yet. i think that is the trouble why people are so often fussing that its too hard; some aren't willing to take the time to think things through and want to just hurry up and progress. in cases like fort basset you cant do that; thus, people ask for it to be made easier. i am glad it hasn't though, it is among the very very few battles that are very challenging and fun at the same time and wont get you bored half way through it. but also wont have you rage quit.

Xavier, or rather, Mason, or rather rather. Raphael

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Speed Switch on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
hmm... i love it when its hard, i hate it when they basically cheat to make it hard, like the radicals. like making it so my companions with 125% plus accuracy will miss the musketeers constantly. that is inconcievable and it leaves you without any options. unlike for basset, which doesnt wreck your mood and make you wanna give up by exploiting the chance against you, but rather forces you to think smartly and strategize, prioritizing and thinking ahead to what powers you may need to leave for later and who to use them on, were to place yourself for best conservation and the best fighting experience. that is when it is fun.

I have done for basset 4 times and i haven't lost once, but i always came close, (except one time) and it was always because of me using a specific strategy to extend my life, if i did it like a lot of people do i wouldn't be past it yet. i think that is the trouble why people are so often fussing that its too hard; some aren't willing to take the time to think things through and want to just hurry up and progress. in cases like fort basset you cant do that; thus, people ask for it to be made easier. i am glad it hasn't though, it is among the very very few battles that are very challenging and fun at the same time and wont get you bored half way through it. but also wont have you rage quit.

Xavier, or rather, Mason, or rather rather. Raphael
Oh I love Basset too, that is my level of challenge. I just had to change how I did my fighting and I do fine. Just like with the Satyrs. They annoyed the stuffins out of me at first but now I have them figured out. Other stuff in Wiz is just way too much. The extra cheating that won't let you work around it or forces you to get a team member just to dispel them. Yea it works but it sure ruins it when you have to play alone. I like to enjoy a good challenge that makes me think. I do not enjoy being severely pummeled and any chance of survival is left up to pure chance on what my deck may or may not allow me to use. I don't want to covet a nap after every battle because of the intense stress. Some like this, I just am not one of them. I will be the first to admit that my current pain levels severely affect how hard I want to try so I give them that, part of it is me, but I still know the difference from a good challenge and just plain cheating.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
I think which one's tougher for you just depends on your playing style. For me, Pirate's both easier and more fun. Also, it's nice that in this game I don't have to buy a henchman every 2 battles, I've only had to buy one 3 times, and only on my top character.
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 65
-Stormy Nikita Nightingale lvl 11
-Sneaky Sarai Nightingale lvl 10

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
I agree it's much more fun watching our pirate slice at the enemy instead of that lame card thing and the enemy always had Hench men and we didn't now we do.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 5, 2013 wrote:
Oh I love Basset too, that is my level of challenge. I just had to change how I did my fighting and I do fine. Just like with the Satyrs. They annoyed the stuffins out of me at first but now I have them figured out. Other stuff in Wiz is just way too much. The extra cheating that won't let you work around it or forces you to get a team member just to dispel them. Yea it works but it sure ruins it when you have to play alone. I like to enjoy a good challenge that makes me think. I do not enjoy being severely pummeled and any chance of survival is left up to pure chance on what my deck may or may not allow me to use. I don't want to covet a nap after every battle because of the intense stress. Some like this, I just am not one of them. I will be the first to admit that my current pain levels severely affect how hard I want to try so I give them that, part of it is me, but I still know the difference from a good challenge and just plain cheating.
Lol haha "annoyed the stuffins out of you" well i agree with you chrissy, i know you are not one of them who just wanna complain and make it back super easy, your always giving tips on what to do for a better playing xp and i dont think i saw you fussing about fort basset. i hate it when i make a good strategy, and its trounced by the chance being against me. and when my powers refuse to come up right and so i just have to deal with it. i do think there needs to be some more work arounds, but i definitely dont find you as one of those lazy ones who want the game to be made easier because they don't want to try. also i love the satyrs, they don't cheat like the radicals