Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate guilds and or fleets?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
I feel silly haveing to ask XD But I couldn't see anything in my HUD( heads up display) for guilds or fleets or larger groups of Pirates. For communicating in game easier and grouping up for the tough stuff. Is this feature implemented? It seems like you can play through this entirely solo but it would be nice to have a few more friends I can get to know and trust, rather then the random, unsolicited friend invitations I seem to get all the time.

Community Leader
Captain Kenway on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
I feel silly haveing to ask XD But I couldn't see anything in my HUD( heads up display) for guilds or fleets or larger groups of Pirates. For communicating in game easier and grouping up for the tough stuff. Is this feature implemented? It seems like you can play through this entirely solo but it would be nice to have a few more friends I can get to know and trust, rather then the random, unsolicited friend invitations I seem to get all the time.
No, there are no guilds or the equivalent in Pirate101 or anyway to be in a group larger than 4 people at once. If Wizard101 is an indicator, there never will be. While sometimes I think it would be fun to have this feature, I don't think the way the game is set up really demands it, like some other MMO's where the "real game" is more about managing your fellow players than just playing. That can be fun, but I'd kinda like Pirate101 to stay what it is.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
having guild teams would be fun if there existed a monthly guild ratings board for PvP play, leader boards are fun as long as they are constantly being reset on a periodic basis

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
A topic very similar to this was brought up years ago (back in 2009) in Wizard101.

A player's reply hit the nail on the head, and I could not have said it any better. Guilding promotes group play within a guild, but shuts out the rest of the world, and it's players. And that would work against the whole point of Pirate101 or Wizard101 being so family oriented.

I for one would not want to see guilds.

Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
I must admit...now and then I feel a little lonely but the game has a very strong SOLO experience so I'm not wanting for entertainment. While I still think some kinda pirate fleet idea would make a fun social thing, after some thought I'm inclined to agree. It's not really necessary at all and I do like the game as is.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. ^^