Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Particles

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 12, 2009
I was just wondering if anybody knows what particles do. They are under the options menu during gameplay. If you do know what they do, could you tell me if it is better to have the bar set higher, or lower?

Thanks

Community Leader
MirrorDoom on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
I was just wondering if anybody knows what particles do. They are under the options menu during gameplay. If you do know what they do, could you tell me if it is better to have the bar set higher, or lower?

Thanks
I think this is refering to "Particle effects" meaning in practice, how detailed spells and special ability animations are with lots of flashy lights! If your computer can handle better graphics, all those special abilities will look slightly more impressive.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
May 12, 2009
Ok, thanks! So if the benefit of having more is better graphics for the effects, is there a benefit for having less? For example, could having less particles make the game run faster?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
You got it. The less graphical effort your computer has to deal with, the smoother it will run.

If you got a good computer, putting details on high and particles on high, you will have some very nice graphics to play to.

Ensign
May 12, 2009