Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Overwatch and Readied Spell combo?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 05, 2018
So, just curious. Does overwatch and readied spell work together if one uses a staffy and shooty type of weapon? I know relentless and burst fire work with a stabby and shooty type of weapon, but I'm not sure if that could also be said for overwatch and readied spell. Does it work or does it not work?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ChampionKevin444 on Sep 14, 2019 wrote:
So, just curious. Does overwatch and readied spell work together if one uses a staffy and shooty type of weapon? I know relentless and burst fire work with a stabby and shooty type of weapon, but I'm not sure if that could also be said for overwatch and readied spell. Does it work or does it not work?
I have a Witchdoctor who has trained Overwatch & Readied Spell and is equipped with a shooty/staffy weapon, yes, they work together ( very well, indeed ).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
ChampionKevin444 on Sep 14, 2019 wrote:
Overwatch would trigger if you were attacked by a shooty weapon, and Readied Spell triggers from a magical attack.

Community Leader
Yes, they work together.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
Overwatch would trigger if you were attacked by a shooty weapon, and Readied Spell triggers from a magical attack.

Quick Draw is for a shooty weapon attack, Overwatch triggers when an enemy approaches.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2012
As an added explanation, while overwatch and readied work together if you have a shooty/staffy weapon, in PvP the accuracy debuff does not stack, so you don't need rank 3 for both from a PvP standpoint.