Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Of Monquistians and Azteca: Some questions

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
I have been curious for a long time about some of the backstory behind the Monquistians who are stranded in Azteca. I understand that this post may have been better answered on the wizard 101 forums. Unfortunately the Professors of Ravenwood are often far too busy researching new gear and spells to include in the much beloved hoard packs to answer such questions. They also seem to be at a loss as to how to go about curing the Confundus charm that has been plaguing Diego since Celestia so heaven knows they don't need any more on their plate. My two main questions center on how the Monquistians arrived at Azteca and how they gained their powers.

Question 1- Arrival
In the W101 story the Monquistians state that they crash landed in Azteca. However they never explained how they got there. This is particularly perplexing since Azteca was considered a lost world until rediscovered by a Marleybonian Professor. My theory centers around Skull Island. It is clear from the ancient ruins there that Aztecans had colonized the island at some point. This leads to 3 conclusions: 1)An Aztecan stormgate exists 2)A map of the stormgate existed 3)A windstone existed. Since Monquistians are the dominant colonial power in skull island(that is how they gained most of their wealth) is it possible that some Monquistian explorers found a Map and a leftover windstone to guide them to Azteca?

Question 2- Magic
In Azteca the Monquistians are far more powerful than their piratical counterparts. They are casting Spells that took our wizard months to obtain and even spells such as Sun Serpent that were unobtainable to our character at that point. In fact Captain Ponce the Gibbon has mastered Magic to such an extent that he routinely circumvents the normal rules of wizardly combat. How did they obtain this power? I have come up with 2 viable theories. Are either correct?

1)Wizarding School- The Monquistians also produce wizards and have a training facility similar to Ravenwood that trains Monquistian wizards to protect the interests of the crown.

2)Cosmic(Spiral Radiation)-Judging from the state of the Monquistian ship in Azteca and the fact that they crash landed there, the trip was not "smooth sailing". Possibly due to a unstable Stormgate or an (understandbly) ancient or flawed windstone, the Monquistians were not fully protected from the stresses of the stormgate. While not enough to kill them or sink their ship, is it possible that the radiation or magic present in the stormgate gave said Monquistians magical abilities on par with lvl 80-90 wizards?

I would really like the answer to these questions that have been rolling around my head for quite some time. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Would love a response fom Blind Mew. Thanks :)

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
I have been curious for a long time about some of the backstory behind the Monquistians who are stranded in Azteca. I understand that this post may have been better answered on the wizard 101 forums. Unfortunately the Professors of Ravenwood are often far too busy researching new gear and spells to include in the much beloved hoard packs to answer such questions. They also seem to be at a loss as to how to go about curing the Confundus charm that has been plaguing Diego since Celestia so heaven knows they don't need any more on their plate. My two main questions center on how the Monquistians arrived at Azteca and how they gained their powers.

Question 1- Arrival
In the W101 story the Monquistians state that they crash landed in Azteca. However they never explained how they got there. This is particularly perplexing since Azteca was considered a lost world until rediscovered by a Marleybonian Professor. My theory centers around Skull Island. It is clear from the ancient ruins there that Aztecans had colonized the island at some point. This leads to 3 conclusions: 1)An Aztecan stormgate exists 2)A map of the stormgate existed 3)A windstone existed. Since Monquistians are the dominant colonial power in skull island(that is how they gained most of their wealth) is it possible that some Monquistian explorers found a Map and a leftover windstone to guide them to Azteca?

Question 2- Magic
In Azteca the Monquistians are far more powerful than their piratical counterparts. They are casting Spells that took our wizard months to obtain and even spells such as Sun Serpent that were unobtainable to our character at that point. In fact Captain Ponce the Gibbon has mastered Magic to such an extent that he routinely circumvents the normal rules of wizardly combat. How did they obtain this power? I have come up with 2 viable theories. Are either correct?

1)Wizarding School- The Monquistians also produce wizards and have a training facility similar to Ravenwood that trains Monquistian wizards to protect the interests of the crown.

2)Cosmic(Spiral Radiation)-Judging from the state of the Monquistian ship in Azteca and the fact that they crash landed there, the trip was not "smooth sailing". Possibly due to a unstable Stormgate or an (understandbly) ancient or flawed windstone, the Monquistians were not fully protected from the stresses of the stormgate. While not enough to kill them or sink their ship, is it possible that the radiation or magic present in the stormgate gave said Monquistians magical abilities on par with lvl 80-90 wizards?

I would really like the answer to these questions that have been rolling around my head for quite some time. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
A lot of your points are semi-correct, but allow me to clarify a few things, if you will:

1.) Both Pirate101 and Wizard101 will share Worlds thus all Worlds can be entered through a Stormgate or a World Gate in their respective games (Pirate101 ships or Wizard101 keys). So Azteca does have Windlanes and a Stormgate on it's outer edges (I don't know if they still exist though). Azteca has only been lost by ten years (apparently enough time to believe it was long gone), when Xibalba came about. Thus ten years ago and further back, Azteca was open to trade and able to be entered across the Spiral. This means the Monquistans came from Monquista ten years ago before Azteca was lost using a Map there when it still existed to the Spiral (most copies are probably destroyed or long forgotten). So they've been there quite awhile searching for the 'Water of Life' (this also a parody to the Spanish search for the Fountain of Youth). During they're entrance to Azteca, as you can imagine, they're are no docks in the Zocalo and they probably crashed in Saltmeadow Swamp just barely missing the Aztecosaur's civilization. The Ships (there were about two to three ships) crashed into the Swamp, thus stranding them for ten years on Azteca.

2.) Wizards are far more powerful than Pirates. They use a force of magic that counters, even overpowers, the physical brutality of Pirates. The Wizard universe, the inner parts of Worlds, holds more power than the outer extenses. No matter who you are, the closer you are in the world (Wizard101 Mooshu), will grant you more magical abilities than the outer parts (Pirate101 Mooshu). Azteca was meant for higher level Wizards and to give them a change in pace and challenge. The Monquistans had to be on par with the difficulty developers wanted for them. Also Azteca is full of old, powerful magic. So when you are on the inner parts, you instantly gain a higher form of Mana and Magic. How else could we cast Storm Owl and Avenging Fossil, spells like that? On top of that, the Monquistas have been there ten years so they had the time to practice their new abilities. Monquistans do not hold their own school as they do not believe in Magic on their home world. So you're second theory is much closer to what is there and what makes sense. All Worlds hold magic, but it depends on where you are to know if you can use it, harness it, control it, and master it. Or even believe it.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
Would love a response fom Blind Mew. Thanks :)
Also, Blind Mew, does not work on the Wizard101 team so I doubt he could give you a very good understanding and explanation.