Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Not quite ready

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 03, 2009
I have just gotten to Cool ranch and have done just about every side quest in Skull Island, Monquista, and Valencia, So why am I so underleveled? There are people in their mid 20s in the places I need to go to when I myself am only 18, can someone please help me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
There are lots of side quests to pick up in Cool Ranch. It is recommended to do those first so you can grow and get stronger to handle the main quests there. Once you get to level 20 there will be a large boost to your and your companion abilities. For example: There are buffaloon/bunbaloon quests to do. Bumbaloons are really hard to beat so I save those until I get the striped bumbaloon quest in Bison Village. By the time I get it i am much stronger and I can solve all the quest numbers at the same time with the same fights. You will get your credit for the striped one and all the brown ones will count towards the ones you need for the other quests. Then you can start on Rooster Cogburn's quests, you will be strong enough to handle those bosses as they are really tough if you try to do them as soon as you get the original quest. So you may need some help from friends for things like scorpions until you hit that level 20 mark, mind you this is not a solid line, just at and past 20 things really start improving for you. And don't forget One-Eyed-Jack's great tips in how to best fight them in the May Newsletter. It really taught me on how to deflate those pesky fur balls of hot air.
I hope this helps and welcome to Cool Ranch

Ensign
Aug 13, 2009
The Onyx Rose on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I have just gotten to Cool ranch and have done just about every side quest in Skull Island, Monquista, and Valencia, So why am I so underleveled? There are people in their mid 20s in the places I need to go to when I myself am only 18, can someone please help me.
Don't worry about it too much. I've done ALL the side quests in Skull Island, Monquista, & Valencia & have gotten to Cool Ranch anywhere between level 16-18. So you are about par for where you need to be. You can attribute some of those higher leveled pirates as some who possibly got some extra experience during farming events or by going through higher level instances with their friends.

Follow Chrissy's advice and make sure that you pick up and do whatever side quests you can and you will get that extra experience to be able to defeat the stuff you need to.

Good luck with it all and keep heart because Cool Ranch is the longest world! :)

*TDA*

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
The Onyx Rose on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
There are also times in Cool Ranch when you have to go back to somewhere you were at the very beginning to complete a quest. So don't worry if you see level 30s running around while your questing. You're not under leveled.

Rachel - Level 38

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
There are also times in Cool Ranch when you have to go back to somewhere you were at the very beginning to complete a quest. So don't worry if you see level 30s running around while your questing. You're not under leveled.

Rachel - Level 38
Well said, I forgot about that. Very wise to reassure because of all the return stuff .