No Open Chat?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 30, 2009
4
Hey im over the age of 18 and i made a purchase why do i not have open chat?

Administrator
This is most likely due to a setting not being checked in the parental controls section of your account.

The rule for open chat can be found here.

"Open Chat: Members who are over the age of 18, and have a valid credit card on file with us, can enable the 18+ Open Chat. This chat will be filtered for Profanity, but will allow numbers and names."

If you have further problems enabling Open Chat, be sure to contact support at support@pirate101.com.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Feb 25, 2012
8
Can a parent enable open chat on a older, but not 18 year old, child? The holder of this account is 16, and we would like to open it for them.

Administrator
Practt on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Can a parent enable open chat on a older, but not 18 year old, child? The holder of this account is 16, and we would like to open it for them.
I asked Support this question for you, and the answer was that the Date of Birth on the account determines eligibility for Open Chat. If the Date of Birth on the account doesn't show that the user is 18 years old or older, then the account cannot have Open Chat (even with Parental Consent).

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Mar 04, 2013
3
Can the age/DOB of player be changed once it is created? My younger son does not play the game anymore, but my older son (16 Y/O) does. He would like to chat with friends.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
67
fresquez07 on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
Can the age/DOB of player be changed once it is created? My younger son does not play the game anymore, but my older son (16 Y/O) does. He would like to chat with friends.
you can change it in parental settings. i used to not have regular chat but my mom let me get it :D not open though filtered

Ensign
Jul 18, 2010
15
Ok, now I am confused. I don't remember ever putting in a DoB and i have a registered credit card on file. Although, whenever I log in under the master account and go to parental controls it does not even pop up as an option. Do you know what the problem is? If it is the DoB then how do you even get to that option and how can you see what age it says you are?

Brave Alaric Bellamy Level 65
Cheerful Jordan Laverne Level 59
Jamal Xanderman Level 17
Honest Abe Level 3
(Character In The Making) Level 0

Administrator
Brave Alaric Bella... on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Ok, now I am confused. I don't remember ever putting in a DoB and i have a registered credit card on file. Although, whenever I log in under the master account and go to parental controls it does not even pop up as an option. Do you know what the problem is? If it is the DoB then how do you even get to that option and how can you see what age it says you are?

Brave Alaric Bellamy Level 65
Cheerful Jordan Laverne Level 59
Jamal Xanderman Level 17
Honest Abe Level 3
(Character In The Making) Level 0
The date of birth/age was selected during account creation. If it was left blank, then the account will be permanently considered Under Age 13 and will never have access to the Open Chat option. The date of birth/age is not visible, and is a non-edit field. It cannot be updated or modified after account creation.

For more information please contact, support@pirate101.com.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 16, 2010
1
Is there a way I could have open chat or something because I am quitting because I cant fully communicate to my friends. My family spends hundreds of dollars a year on kingsisle. Am I never able to enable open chat?

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
51
Administrator
BillyBobby781 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
Where are the parental controls?
Once you log into the website, click the "My Account" treasure chest icon. Parental Controls can be found here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
60
You can communicate despite having the DoB of less than 13 years of age. Simply have a subscription on that account and change the parental settings.

Ensign
Apr 07, 2012
2
hey guys i was wondering that you should get open chat as a membership and when it cancels a open chat icon pops up