Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No Old Scratch Promo Key

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 15, 2011
I was not able to beat the last Old Scratch in the final promotion quest. The dungeon return window of 29 minutes closed and I can't get back into the room without an Obsidian key.

I find that fight almost unbeatable as is and now I can't even get back in to try again.

Do you want me to play your game or not, KI?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Balance4all on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:
I was not able to beat the last Old Scratch in the final promotion quest. The dungeon return window of 29 minutes closed and I can't get back into the room without an Obsidian key.

I find that fight almost unbeatable as is and now I can't even get back in to try again.

Obsidian Keys are dropped by many bosses in Marlybone, Aquila and VA2, since Old Scratch promotes at level 70, you have a good chance finding them.
This battle is very difficult to solo, I recommend finding a team who are farming Nightmare Old Scratch.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Balance4all on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:

If you want an obsidian key, I recommend farming Anax. He is located in llliois, and his temple is on the right of the entrance from the dock. I've found he drops obsidian keys relatively often compared to other enemies and bosses.

For beating Scratch, this one is tough. But one of the easier ones to do. Basically, the strategy for beating Scratch is rushing. This is due to the fact that he constantly uses Doom Mojo on your team, which always hits. So if you take your time, you will be dead long before you reach him. But, he stops using this once any character is near him.

So I recommend having at least one person in your party that can cover long distances quickly. It is essential that you stop him as soon as possible. If you can even, get shadow step, as this will allow you to instantly teleport to him. Though this is not necessary, it will help. The only way to get it without being a witchdoctor or with the voodoo bundle is to get the Black Rain shades. These are dropped by Sato from the Yak in business and Yak-o Whack-o quest line.

Once you are done rushing them, you will have three main targets. Old Scratch, Mr. Neville, and Bones McCoy. Of these three, Old Scratch and Bones McCoy are to be targeted first, as Bones McCoy will repeatedly summon monsters, and so will Old Scratch once interrupted. Then Mr. Neville because he gives substantial heals to the rest of the enemy team.

Once you are done with those three, beat the rest of the monsters as you normally would. I hope this guide helps! And by the way, don't get frustrated with this boss battle. Old Scratch's promotion is arguably the hardest. It's meant to be very difficult.