Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No Flanking?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I thought I knew what this meant, that the talent Flanking would/could not activate against the enemies, such as Ettins, who were No Flanking. However, my swashbuckler and her crew successfully landed a couple of Flanking hits on some Ettins recently.

Do higher levels of Flanking override the No Flanking ability?

Ensign
May 14, 2017
Before I assume anything and try to help, how do you think flanking works?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lucky Jack on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
Before I assume anything and try to help, how do you think flanking works?
Well, I thought I stated my thought in the first post, but let me try to put it another way.

A Flanking attack happens when two units who have the Flanking ability find themselves on opposite sides of an enemy. Seeing that Ettins have two heads, therefore they have the ability No Flanking, meaning that an enemy cannot sneak up on them from their "blind side" and get in an extra hit. Units with Flanking should have no extra sneak attack against them.

However, my Swashbuckler has Flanking Rank 4, and I was wondering if there was some boost given that isn't described on the power card itself that negates the Ettin's No Flanking ability. Is No Flanking not an absolute ability, in that case, but merely a base level?Is it just that my Flanking Rank 4 is better than No Flanking Rank 1?

Ensign
May 14, 2017
I wouldn't think so, the 'No Flanking' ability should block flanking altogether, unless it is said to be able to avoid this on the card, which in your case it did not. I would assume it's a glitch, but I can't be sure.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
the minutemen on Jan 25, 2018 wrote:
does No Flank also negate Crossfire and Doomspell?
Good question -- where is @Ratbeard when we need him to clarify these things?

@One-Eyed Jack?

Anyone?