Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New World! Pirate or Wizard?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2014
I was wandering whether the next world kingsisle releases will be in pirate or wizard. I think it's probably going to be wizard because before Valencia 2, there weren't any new world for two years and pirate isn't played as much as it used to be so I think Kingsisle will focus more on wizard. I was wandering wether they would end the story at Valencia two but I am still intrigued.

The next world will probably be in Wizard and we won't get to see any new content in the storyline in pirate for a while but i still hope the next world will be in pirate because I really love the game.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The next update for Wizard101 isn't going to be a world, it's a new game mechanic and Monstrodome where players can fight monsters inside their homes.

I am really, really, really, hoping that WE get to visit Albion, since the newest Wizard101 NPC comes from there, and we've gotten so much backstory for Albion, what with Bonnie's brother and the "Struggle." It saves creating a whole new world if all they need to do is add a skyway

Pretty Please?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingwhomp55 on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
I was wandering whether the next world kingsisle releases will be in pirate or wizard. I think it's probably going to be wizard because before Valencia 2, there weren't any new world for two years and pirate isn't played as much as it used to be so I think Kingsisle will focus more on wizard. I was wandering wether they would end the story at Valencia two but I am still intrigued.

The next world will probably be in Wizard and we won't get to see any new content in the storyline in pirate for a while but i still hope the next world will be in pirate because I really love the game.
Welcome to the message boards, kingwhomp55!
Man, what a downer of a post! I know W101 is getting an update, an egg quest, and a new NPC with a "monsterologist" badge, so far nothing about a new world.
I believe that P101 will be getting something new for the summer, maybe a continuation of the storyline or side content. This will bring many players back and rejuvenate P101.
With hope,
Esperanza Devereaux.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
kingwhomp55 on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:

You never know ki might just surprise us with one for pirates this year and a story but I kinda think it will be more a side world but you never know

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Wizard prob won't get another world until either this winter, or next year, hopefully they take the time and give Pirate a chance, hopefully.
I'd like to see pirate finally get some well deserved major content updates, (I liked Valencia II though!)

Ensign
Feb 12, 2014
I know wizard101 is getting an update but it's not a new world. Hopefully Kingsisle is working on a new pirate101 world which will begin arc 2 that could be released this summer but since more people play wizard, are they

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingwhomp55 on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
I know wizard101 is getting an update but it's not a new world. Hopefully Kingsisle is working on a new pirate101 world which will begin arc 2 that could be released this summer but since more people play wizard, are they
Of course they're going to release an update! Buuut, I'm not sure it will be an arc2 update; more likely we'll get some needed side content.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
With the current change to their twitter banner, my speculations for a summer update are 1) A new dungeon 2) A skull island expansion 3) A main storyline expansion that would lead our adventure to a new place in skull island.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
If we're talking New World and not New Update, the next New World will likely go to Wizard rather than Pirate.

Several reasons:

1) Last June, P101 gave us Valencia 2, and in releasing Valencia 2 They cut out three other worlds, Probably Darkmoore, Grizzleheim, and Polaris. I doubt they would be creating a new world for P101 so soon if they already had plans for three other worlds that got discarded, UNLESS they are going to re-write the script to cater to a different audience, and/or make the world parallel rather than sequential, a la W101's Grizzleheim/Wintertusk, and Wysteria.

2) Worlds will help P101 hang on to existing players, but what P101 needs are NEW players. W101 outnumbers P101 8 to 1. To help finance additional updates, they need additional players, as Blind Mew made perfectly clear. When W101 gets an update, it will be aimed at attracting new players, and hopefully be of enough interest to hang onto existing players.

3) As already said, W101 outnumbers P101 8 to 1 and is more likely to be generating the revenue needed for new worlds, which they need, to hang onto the players they have.