Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

new pirate creation question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 07, 2010
what effect does the option have on your pirate when you are choosing how you were orphaned. I know that the reason for being arrested will choose your class, and the talent will give you a different talent in the game, but what does the cause of be orphaned?

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
I hate to answer your question with a story spoiler, but there is no way around it.

Your choice of how you were orphaned will determine which companion you rescue from the Presido when you go on a raid for the Frogfather in exchange for information.

Storm: Milo Greytail
Armada: Gaspard De Vole
Mutiny: Dead Mike
Giant Squid: Birgus Latro
Shipwreck: Lucky Jack Russell

Developer
Lieuy on May 2, 2013 wrote:
what effect does the option have on your pirate when you are choosing how you were orphaned. I know that the reason for being arrested will choose your class, and the talent will give you a different talent in the game, but what does the cause of be orphaned?
During the first dungeon, you'll pick up one of 5 Companions. Your choice of how you were orphaned determines which one you get.

Community Leader
Lieuy on May 2, 2013 wrote:
This has been answered here before, but it determines (so far) what crew member you receive after you complete the Presidio instance for the Frogfather in Jonah Town. The breakdown is as follows:

Mutiny! = Dead Mike (Undead Pirate)

Shipwrecked! = Jack Russell (Dog Pirate)
Armada! = Gaspard de Vole (Guinea Pig Guard)
Storm! = Milo Greytail (Rat Brigand)
Squid Attack! = Birgus Latro (Crab Thug)

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Mar 07, 2010
Thanks. That was helpful. I made it all the way to lvl 26 and didn't know that. That's cool. Thx.