Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New level cap?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 12, 2013
So i have been using a witch doctor and finally got to level 70. I still have crew members that need to be leveled up but cant seem to get them up much since my character is at max level. I was just wanting to know if there might be an update soon to up the level cap of our main characters? I have seen a few posts that have some characters at level 75. Is there any chance that the level cap will increase in the near future? My crew gets slaughtered like crazy depending on where i am at at the time. I hope this can get fixed so i can keep playing with out much aggravation..it gets sad when your not able to get anywhere after some time. I hope a new level cap is in the works.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
ericd101 on May 26, 2019 wrote:
So i have been using a witch doctor and finally got to level 70. I still have crew members that need to be leveled up but cant seem to get them up much since my character is at max level. I was just wanting to know if there might be an update soon to up the level cap of our main characters? I have seen a few posts that have some characters at level 75. Is there any chance that the level cap will increase in the near future? My crew gets slaughtered like crazy depending on where i am at at the time. I hope this can get fixed so i can keep playing with out much aggravation..it gets sad when your not able to get anywhere after some time. I hope a new level cap is in the works.
Your crew can be leveled by using the Keel Hauling and Brawling companion tasks. Any companion at your own level can be sent to return with a Training Tome (up to 10), and those who are close to a new level can be sent Brawling to get themselves experience.

Also, if your crew is getting defeated, you may be using the wrong strategy for those enemies. Try a different class, try a new tactic like acting defensively, get some doubloons for summoning assistance.

Are you in the second part of Valencia? That world is known for a difficulty spike compared to Aquila. Many players had to learn to rethink how they battle.

Good luck!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ericd101 on May 26, 2019 wrote:
To get your crew up on levels send them on the brawlin' task. Yes, it will take time. Or you can set them to scavengin', plunderin', or pet wranglin'. Anything they come back with can be sold for gold so you can then buy training tomes to raise their levels.
This is what I do.
OR
You can run the Tower a few times and take that gold to buy tomes or do the Ambassador's quests and use the gold from that to buy tomes.
There is NO reason to sit around waiting for a level raise to get your companions more experience.
And while you're waiting for those companions to come back with experience or items to sell ( if you put them on task ); make a new pirate and experience all the fun of P101 over again but from a new perspective!