Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical Level

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
Is it possible to have a nautical level higher than your level? (i.e. Character=20, Nautical=22)

Administrator
Yes, and I'm glad you bring this up. The ability to outpace your Nautical level was unintended and in an upcoming update to the game, Nautical level will be capped at the player's level.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
Yes, and I'm glad you bring this up. The ability to outpace your Nautical level was unintended and in an upcoming update to the game, Nautical level will be capped at the player's level.
Music to my ears i am so low on my nautical level. oh and speaking of update when will the test realm open again. or as blind mew would say would that be telling

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Interesting. I never thought about it, really, since my nautical levels always trail my character levels (although the gap is smaller with the newer characters I am running - paying more attention to keeping them close).

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Indigo Ring on Mar 16, 2013 wrote:
Interesting. I never thought about it, really, since my nautical levels always trail my character levels (although the gap is smaller with the newer characters I am running - paying more attention to keeping them close).
I always try to get the best equipment possible for my current ship, so my nautical level is usually higher than my character level because I keep hitting enemy vessels until I get the equipment I want.

I'm kinda bummed by the news that NL will cap with CL. It is kinda nice to be able to have the best ship upgrades available on your current ship when the story mission you are on calls for getting involved in Broadside Combat.

I shudder to think how the fight with Dead-eye Deidre would've gone if I hadn't been able to do the damage necessary to allow me to board her ship first.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 15, 2013 wrote:
oops i thought this meant something else.