Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Name change for my characters in game.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 28, 2016
Hello! I was wondering I could change my characters name n game, first I don't like it, second I did my actual name, which I would not prefer to be known by online users, please make is so that I can change or a feature for crowns to change it, I would not like to make another character, because I'm already pretty far ahead.

Ensign
Jan 26, 2013
So far it doesn't look like in game character name changes are possible but I agree that it would be a nice option to have.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Unfortunately, as far as I know, you cannot change the name of the character in game. The only thing you can do is make a new character

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TypicalLogic on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
Hello! I was wondering I could change my characters name n game, first I don't like it, second I did my actual name, which I would not prefer to be known by online users, please make is so that I can change or a feature for crowns to change it, I would not like to make another character, because I'm already pretty far ahead.
I don't know if this would work, but since you used your IRL name, you might try contacting Support and explain your situation. I also suggest that you give them a name they can use to replace the old one ( should they agree to do this for you ).
If Support doesn't allow this, there is no reason to let anyone know that this name is your actual name.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
TypicalLogic on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
Assuming Pirate101 is under the same restrictions as Wizard101, there is no option to change your Pirate's in-game name.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/-change-your-name--17994/92546?fromSearchResult=true#92546

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/name-and-school-changer-27787/150137?fromSearchResult=true#150137

However, back in 2010 they did look into adding that as a possible option at one point. I would assume given it has been eight years....they were unable to find a way to do it.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/name-changes-24630/130575?fromSearchResult=true#130575

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I like that you can't change your name. Your behavior matters in game and your reputation follows you. Act like a troll and there is no hiding that reputation.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I just wanted to be clear i dont know you and I did not mean you were trolling I was talking about pirates in general.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Avery Court Grace on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
I like that you can't change your name. Your behavior matters in game and your reputation follows you. Act like a troll and there is no hiding that reputation.
I agree with your statement, but unfortunately Pirate101 names are not unique to individual players like other MMOs.

There are literally thousands of Wolf's, Blaze's and Luke Skywalker's running around that can be easily confused with each other (except if they are on your friend's list).