Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Assumptions On Whats To Come...

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
KI's been leaving a ton of hits over the past 3 months on what's coming to Pirate101. We've all been told that it's going to be a big update. I want to guess that Pirate101's Test Realm would open later in February, but I won't start any rumours. I think Pirate101's major updates just take longer to do, which it's good as it gives the team time to kill any bugs and clean up everything until it's ready for testing.

I would like to back-track some things that Frogfather said in his June 2013 Producer's Letter that caught my eye on whats to come. He said...

"And the Team remains fast at work on lots of brand new advanced content, additional improvements, and some pet projects we'll fill you in on a bit later..."

With that, here's my guess on wants coming:

"Some Pet Projects"
-Some kind of Pet update is definitely on the way. Frogfather mentioned "pet projects" coming. I can't say if a Pet System like Wizards is on the way, but some kind of improvement is happening with pets. Also if you look at "The Pets of Kingsisle" post here http://kingsisleblog.com/2013/11/13/the-pets-of-kingsisle/ , you'll see 2 pets you can't get in the game (yet!) in the Pet collage at the bottom.

"Additional Improvements"
-Stitching Eyepatches has been said to come quite often so I would assume that's coming in the next update

-Double Locked Chests... There was a hinted picture featured here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/january14 My guess is that there's going to be new double locked chests appearing randoming in battles that can give the players massive, rare prizes. I'm assuming you click on the lock icons to unclock it, but we'll see what KI has planned.

-New Marking Feature- KI released a picture of a red marker identical to Wizard's blue markers. So I would think we could be getting that maker system. I just hope our current "mark" system will remain with this new feature, because I find it very convienient to just port from say MooShu and go to Skull Island for a new power and port right back.

-Bug Squashing! ...and general sprouse ups.

"Advanced Content"

-Book 15. I think Blind Mew's hinted pretty well that Book 15 is coming "sooner" rather than later and this big update coming makes sense. 'Nuff said

-The picture with the Barmy man, the Aquilan dock, and the new characters next to the trainers I think could be inner-connected. But the Barmy man could be side connect, and the new characters could actually be new pet trainers (no one's thought of that). The new guys could also be new class trainers (unlikely) or new companions. Who knows?
As for the Aquilan dock, people have assumed Ship PvP. I do believe a PvP update is on the way, and Ship PvP makes sense, but I'm not sure what the colosuem shows though. It could be series of side dungeons, or one dungeon, for players to do. But I simply think each of those pictures are connected some how.

Hopefully, all the answers will be revealed soon!
(say couldn't we just borrow Vadima's Crystal Ball?)

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
KI's been leaving a ton of hits over the past 3 months on what's coming to Pirate101. We've all been told that it's going to be a big update. I want to guess that Pirate101's Test Realm would open later in February, but I won't start any rumours. I think Pirate101's major updates just take longer to do, which it's good as it gives the team time to kill any bugs and clean up everything until it's ready for testing.

I would like to back-track some things that Frogfather said in his June 2013 Producer's Letter that caught my eye on whats to come. He said...

"And the Team remains fast at work on lots of brand new advanced content, additional improvements, and some pet projects we'll fill you in on a bit later..."

With that, here's my guess on wants coming:

"Some Pet Projects"
-Some kind of Pet update is definitely on the way. Frogfather mentioned "pet projects" coming. I can't say if a Pet System like Wizards is on the way, but some kind of improvement is happening with pets. Also if you look at "The Pets of Kingsisle" post here http://kingsisleblog.com/2013/11/13/the-pets-of-kingsisle/ , you'll see 2 pets you can't get in the game (yet!) in the Pet collage at the bottom.

"Additional Improvements"
-Stitching Eyepatches has been said to come quite often so I would assume that's coming in the next update

-Double Locked Chests... There was a hinted picture featured here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/january14 My guess is that there's going to be new double locked chests appearing randoming in battles that can give the players massive, rare prizes. I'm assuming you click on the lock icons to unclock it, but we'll see what KI has planned.

-New Marking Feature- KI released a picture of a red marker identical to Wizard's blue markers. So I would think we could be getting that maker system. I just hope our current "mark" system will remain with this new feature, because I find it very convienient to just port from say MooShu and go to Skull Island for a new power and port right back.

-Bug Squashing! ...and general sprouse ups.

"Advanced Content"

-Book 15. I think Blind Mew's hinted pretty well that Book 15 is coming "sooner" rather than later and this big update coming makes sense. 'Nuff said

-The picture with the Barmy man, the Aquilan dock, and the new characters next to the trainers I think could be inner-connected. But the Barmy man could be side connect, and the new characters could actually be new pet trainers (no one's thought of that). The new guys could also be new class trainers (unlikely) or new companions. Who knows?
As for the Aquilan dock, people have assumed Ship PvP. I do believe a PvP update is on the way, and Ship PvP makes sense, but I'm not sure what the colosuem shows though. It could be series of side dungeons, or one dungeon, for players to do. But I simply think each of those pictures are connected some how.

Hopefully, all the answers will be revealed soon!
(say couldn't we just borrow Vadima's Crystal Ball?)
Pet Projects: I would absolutely love to have some kind of training for pets and indeed can't wait to see

Additional Improvements: Eye-patch stitching would be interesting

Double Locked Chests: I actually think the Barmy Man has something to do with this considering they said "Whats up this chest its completely barmy" which seems like a coincidence with the Barmy guy

New Marking Feature: Haven't seen the pic but yes, yes and YES! I would love that

Bug Squashing: yep squish those bugs up because nobody wants them around for sure

Book 15: Oh if it's coming soon then I need to get my Swashbuckler to finish Aquila soon

Barmy Man and others: I have a theory that they are a part of a side world of sorts (Wysteria maybe? )

Definitely exciting, although the newsletter seemed to get delayed or something so hopefully it reveals new stuff :O

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
Totally agree with the pet training. I hope its like w101 were it helps us in combat that would be really cool. I personally believe also that all the other classes except privateer need a more battle changing abilities. Just like the buffs the privateers use. But the PvP I can't wait for that will be fun!!