Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Must Boochbeard repeat everything?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
I find it kinda annoying how boochbeard repeats everything over and over and over. Is there a way to turn it off because he repeats almost everything "See that pillar over there its a life fountain" me: duh im not lvl 1.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
honesttaylor12 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
I find it kinda annoying how boochbeard repeats everything over and over and over. Is there a way to turn it off because he repeats almost everything "See that pillar over there its a life fountain" me: duh im not lvl 1.
Go to your options page and turn off the tutorials.

Administrator
Hi! If Boochbeard appears to be a bit chatty for your liking, you can open your options menu, click on the tab with the first joystick icon, and switch "Tutorial Tips" to "Critical Only." You'll still get some tips, however, and I do believe the tip about the Life Fountain is one that is marked as a critical piece of information.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
honesttaylor12 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
XD i agree, kingsisle should add a SHUT UP BOOCHBEARD!! button. lol

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Hey, he's a nice guy and is just trying to be helpful. Plus, he helped bust me out of an Armada cell. I owe him.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
I've also found that the Tips that normally appear once must be locally stored as when I play on a separate PC they all start again (even for the same character). And then when I return to playing on the original PC the history on that PC seems to get cleared somehow and they start appearing again.

Not that I’ve taken that much notice so there could be some other factors involved as well.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Recently with that last patch the options were changed to default. If you had them off you just have to turn them back off again. Like has been said, Options.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Give him some respect. I mean, yeah, he's annoying, and yeah, it's be helpful if, like in W101, you had to press a button before listening to the important annoying message, but... uh... what was my point again? Oh yeah, BoochBeard is annoying. Wait, no-

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That's is why i pretend to " sleep ", when he repeats these basic tutorial.With all do respect Captain Boochbeard, once or twice is sufficient enough for me,but more than that well that leave me ( and some of my crews ) snoring. Thanks for the tip, one-eyed jack by the way.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I think the record of what tips we have received resets with an update.

-Indigo