Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Monkey Suit Quest, Tradewinds Skyway

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 24, 2009
Anyone having trouble with this quest? I can't engage the House Guzman Ships. I have run out of quests and can't continue until I find out what is wrong.

Help!

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
I did this last night with no problem, so it must be something with your character or ship. Did you try both ships? I'd send a note to support rather than post here...

Ensign
Mar 01, 2011
I'm having the same trouble - can't engage them no matter what I try.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
GAJMS on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
Anyone having trouble with this quest? I can't engage the House Guzman Ships. I have run out of quests and can't continue until I find out what is wrong.

Help!
When you see a House Guzman ship (or any ship for that matter), position the cursor on it and left click. This brings up the targeting system and you can see what type of ship it is and who owns it. You can then disengage if you don't want to fight it or attack it when the targeting hairs turn red. I think I have heard that this must be done when attacking House Guzman ships. Part of it may depend on the ship you are on that is trying to attack the House Guzman ships (ie Raft, Skiff, Frigate, or Galleon). This is how I've always attacked even when I was using the raft.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
GAJMS on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:

Help!
Have you targeted the Guzman ships by clicking on them? If you have and they still do not engage in battle for you then someone with more knowledge than I have may be able to help you.

Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
yes I am....cannot engage at all :(

Ensign
Jun 22, 2009
I had that issue too! Simple fix: left click on the ship :) then you are good to attack.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
You have to be in range, if you are too far away, you can not engage that ship. You need to left click on the ship to select the ship that you want to attack, then move close enough to attack it. You also need to make sure your ship is properly equipped with cannons, figureheads, and horns, so that you can attack.

Hope this helps!

Community Leader
I did these last night without a problem.
One thought... these ships are VERY close to the stream. If your ship is on/near the stream the game will give you a circle with a line through it (cant engage target). You have to venture further from the stream to be able to engage them. Not sure if that might be complicating things for some, but i noticed this last night. I have always known you cant attack from the stream, but in this case those ships are real close, not alot of battle room.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Developer
Hi Folks.

We're looking in to this issue now. Another solution to try at the moment is to use the bracket keys [ ] to target the ship to attack them, with a power.

hope this helps!

Pirate101 Associate Producer
Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
I have tried all suggestions and still nothing. I cannot proceed in the game now so I made another character

Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
woohoo! was able to engage House Guzman last night! Now I can proceed! Thanks KI

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Make sure that the ship you are on has Cannons, Figurehead, Wheel, and Sails equipped. Some Armor would help too but is not necessary for the attack.

Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Make sure that the ship you are on has Cannons, Figurehead, Wheel, and Sails equipped. Some Armor would help too but is not necessary for the attack.
I am past that nowand thanks for the advice. I had already taken care of that