Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

miracle mitches prices

1
AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 21, 2015
3
Me and alot of orther players alike agree that miracle mitches prices are out rageous. I have to pay a 6th of my gold to revive one companion and I think that they should go back to just to going to a life fountain or useing a mojo potion.Plz right if you support the Idea

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
349
Back in the days when healing a companion was as easy as going to a life fountain, this was balanced with the fact that when a companion died, they died. Now if this was added, since, although they are wounded, we can still revive companions, this would be way to overpowered.

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
83
In my opinion, Miracle Mitch's prices are perfectly fair. Think about it. If you are max level(I'm guessing), then you are paying about 30,000 gold for a revival. Well, you are also max level, so you have a ton of skills to keep those companions alive. Even if you aren't max, just try changing up your strategy. Farm for some no auction gear, level up your companions a bit more, and or have some people help you.

Captain
May 16, 2011
552
jacob341ee on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:
Me and alot of orther players alike agree that miracle mitches prices are out rageous. I have to pay a 6th of my gold to revive one companion and I think that they should go back to just to going to a life fountain or useing a mojo potion.Plz right if you support the Idea
I personally think they're right where they should be. There are many tactics to avoid your companions falling to your enemies. Granted, the recent update has made quite the difficulty spike, so it's a bit harder to stop all companions from falling, but there are certainly ways. As Ratbeard said a while back, "Miracles don't come cheap." I think he said that anyway.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9786
1. You don't have to revive them, use another companion.
2. There are times when certain talents aren't available for training, invest in "Scrapper" at those times.
3. Have all your companions fit and ready to step in to fight, not just the "best" 3.
There are ways of getting gold besides combat, set those crew you never want to see in combat to Scavengin' for gear ( which you can sell ), Plunderin' for gold or Wranglin' for pet supplies ( you can sell what you don't need ).
Use what you gain to buy tomes.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
140
I think that they should adjust the life fountains so the only way companions can regain health lost in battle is to heal at a life fountain. We should only used the shack if that companion gets defeated and is put on bedrest. Plus the fees are actually reasonable, it shows that in real life medical bills are always overpriced (Thought would it be nice if our membership counts as insurance (Aka reduce price of the bills)?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1163
Miracles don't come cheaply, young pirate. Mitch's prices are fine; at higher levels I actually use him to help me siphon off some of my excess gold.

It is hard when you're a lower level pirate and not rolling in the dough, but you can earn more gold pretty readily by running with another pirate or three. That way you can open group plunder chests easily (and even get them in battles).

Community Leader
I think they can be a little high.

Especially when it comes to companions on a promotion quest. The game keeps reviving them without our say.

Milo cost me over 100k to heal after finishing the Captain Hande promotion quest because the game kept waking him up.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1896
I recently discovered that the time for a companion to go Brawlin' is only a few minutes longer than their Bed Rest timer. So, my new solution to Bed Rest is to wake them up and send them Brawlin'. Once I collect, I Belay Order and they go back to work.

Once they reach maximum, I'll probably send them Plundering instead to get some gold, but there is no reason to pay Miracle Mitch, as there are pages and pages of companions to use.


Ensign
Feb 19, 2010
39
The prices are perfectly fine. Ratbeard said that the reason they are so high is that it will urge you to use other companions, not only the same three in every battle. I have no problem with the prices, and wouldn't mind if they increased as well.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
214
Gold is ridiculously easy to amass in this game and for that reason I think Mitch's prices are fine where they are. Like others have said, if you're at a high enough level that revival is at a high cost then you also have a whole stable full of able replacements just waiting to go into action. Use them in the interim.

Administrator
Willowydream on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
I recently discovered that the time for a companion to go Brawlin' is only a few minutes longer than their Bed Rest timer. So, my new solution to Bed Rest is to wake them up and send them Brawlin'. Once I collect, I Belay Order and they go back to work.

Once they reach maximum, I'll probably send them Plundering instead to get some gold, but there is no reason to pay Miracle Mitch, as there are pages and pages of companions to use.

*ding ding* A certain One-Eyed Rabbit agrees with you:

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/june2014

"You may alternatively choose to wake your wounded companion from Bed Rest, send your wounded companion on a job to collect experience while they heal, and delve a bit deeper into your pool of companions to find another companion for your fighting crew! That’s right - companions can have a wound timer expiring while completing a job order! Advanced companions have really changed some basic strategy concepts in Pirate101 and it’s important to not overlook all you can do with them. If a companion is wounded, it might just be an opportunity for them to grow stronger!"

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1362
I am fine with the prices as they are.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1896
Dr Zeppers on Jun 24, 2016 wrote:
I think they can be a little high.

Especially when it comes to companions on a promotion quest. The game keeps reviving them without our say.

Milo cost me over 100k to heal after finishing the Captain Hande promotion quest because the game kept waking him up.
Poor MILO! I know what you mean, although I don't buy him any miracles -- the prices double for additional wound levels and he's got three band-aids!

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/NPC:Miracle_Mitch

He's been the most wounded one on this journey of any companion promotion I remember, but he's having a BLAST tracking down Captain Hande, and has some well-earned rest Brawlin' overnight, comparing notes with the other crew right beside him.


Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
209
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
*ding ding* A certain One-Eyed Rabbit agrees with you:

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/june2014

"You may alternatively choose to wake your wounded companion from Bed Rest, send your wounded companion on a job to collect experience while they heal, and delve a bit deeper into your pool of companions to find another companion for your fighting crew! That’s right - companions can have a wound timer expiring while completing a job order! Advanced companions have really changed some basic strategy concepts in Pirate101 and it’s important to not overlook all you can do with them. If a companion is wounded, it might just be an opportunity for them to grow stronger!"
I find it odd that your solution is to send a wounded companion brawlin'

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1163
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
I find it odd that your solution is to send a wounded companion brawlin'
I do it frequently. Brawlin' if they're not max level, looking for gold or pet wranglin' if they are.

At level 70, a companion on bed rest costs only a bit over 34K to heal at Mitch prices. My gold limit is 250K. I'm not going to begrudge a wounded companion hospital costs, particularly when I'm at or near max gold anyway (like after farming Kane). It's not like the first year or so of the game, when all your gold went to training tomes. Companions can level themselves up in barroom brawls either overnight or during periods I'm running another pirate or don't want that particular companion to join a battle.

*Edited to correct the gold limit. Sometimes I'm a bit scatter-brained.

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
61
Regardless of how much gold we have or do not have at higher levels, the prices are ridiculous. When I first started doing moo tower, sure a bit under leveled, I had to do it before i left for the day just so my comps could heal over night.

And a big no thank you to using the third string quaterbacks. Perhaps if some of those side companions actually had some use (powers?), something, they would be used. Me I am just going to scrape together the gold or wait on my main crew.

And poor Milo has until the next update to rest hahaha!

Administrator
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
I find it odd that your solution is to send a wounded companion brawlin'
hehe . . . I do see the humor in that.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1362
"I find it odd that your solution is to send a wounded companion brawlin' "

I tell them they have to get back in the saddle again.

-Indigo

Community Leader
The game shouldn't keep reviving companions without our say.
It may be their promotion quest, but if the cost is to encourage us to use other companions, quit making decisions for us! Let us use the other companions. Or since its their quest, do not put them on bed rest at all, let them stay in their quest without a penalty (ie make them immune to bed rest on "their" quest only).

Personally I prefer the way companions used to be managed (Initial release) before the major change was made. I got used to using a lot of companions that way. Actually made companion development strategies a major part of the game. Now its too easy to control, no challenge here anymore.
Of course with that approach there was no need for a Miracle Mitch in the first place!

Filling potion bottles is pretty expensive too.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9786
Dr Zeppers on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
The game shouldn't keep reviving companions without our say.
It may be their promotion quest, but if the cost is to encourage us to use other companions, quit making decisions for us! Let us use the other companions. Or since its their quest, do not put them on bed rest at all, let them stay in their quest without a penalty (ie make them immune to bed rest on "their" quest only).

Personally I prefer the way companions used to be managed (Initial release) before the major change was made. I got used to using a lot of companions that way. Actually made companion development strategies a major part of the game. Now its too easy to control, no challenge here anymore.
Of course with that approach there was no need for a Miracle Mitch in the first place!

Filling potion bottles is pretty expensive too.
Yet when they fully promote all wounds and bed rest vanish.
I hated the old way, the old percentage guaranteed that an under leveled "weak" companion showed up ( and even if you had all the gold in the spiral, you would never be able to level them all ), you could only bench 3 which made them useless.
I'm sorry to disagree, but this is a superior way to play with your crew. Do full random if you miss the old days and don't give tasks to any of your crew.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
210
It's too expensive, and companions should not die and not be revived at the fountain like the old days.

Sorry, but once again, this is a 'challenge-driven' instance instead of thinking about the rest of the 'story-driven' players who just want to play and enjoy the game.

pooh pooh

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
4
I was redirected here from a KingsIsle employee in the Community Section from and email. Do they actually take these into consideration? If we discuss this, will they lower the prices? I just hate the system in all. It shouldn't be that I have to wait 5 hours for my companion to revive. I am not playing a mobile game. I just want the old system back. It is very realistic if the Life Fountain can revive me and heal me but not my companions. Does not make sense. They should have at least lower prices and a crowns option. Or, if you level up or if you level them up or something, it would revive them. It does not seem realistic that my companion can train their skills in fighting while being severely wounded. Either lower the prices and bring crown purchases to the reviving system (at least 100-300) or just bring back the old way. I honestly don't care, I just hate having to wait 4-6 hours for one companion to revive. (And yes, I have 4 backup companions, but nothing can beat Bonnie Anne! )

Bad Vanessa Stevedore (Worst Name Ever)
Level 48 Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
SpiralAdventurer10... on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
I was redirected here from a KingsIsle employee in the Community Section from and email. Do they actually take these into consideration? If we discuss this, will they lower the prices? I just hate the system in all. It shouldn't be that I have to wait 5 hours for my companion to revive. I am not playing a mobile game. I just want the old system back. It is very realistic if the Life Fountain can revive me and heal me but not my companions. Does not make sense. They should have at least lower prices and a crowns option. Or, if you level up or if you level them up or something, it would revive them. It does not seem realistic that my companion can train their skills in fighting while being severely wounded. Either lower the prices and bring crown purchases to the reviving system (at least 100-300) or just bring back the old way. I honestly don't care, I just hate having to wait 4-6 hours for one companion to revive. (And yes, I have 4 backup companions, but nothing can beat Bonnie Anne! )

Bad Vanessa Stevedore (Worst Name Ever)
Level 48 Witchdoctor
Welcome to the message boards Vanessa. There are no guarantees that our outcries will produce the desired result but many times the devs have listened to us and made some big game changes just to please us, so ya never know.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
263
They should just revert the old companion system back to normal
Where it's randomized (except for your firstmate )

That way, it's not "oh your best 3 will always be in a fight" and It will encourage those max players that have level
30s to train them! I liked the old system because If your good person died, all you'd have to do is life fountain! Now it's like either pay 100k gold or wait 3 weeks for him to heal!

1