Message Board Ranks

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
74
As I notice before but never asked, what are the message board ranks???? I see whenever someone posts it tells them there username, date joined, how many posts posted and a rank. Example: Lieutenant, Ensign, Petty Officer, I just wanted to know how to obtain each one. I know like those are how many posts you have posted. But how many posts do you need to obtain each rank? (May sound confusing)

Administrator
Just keep posting and you'll eventually go up in rank!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
I'd also like to know as I'm not very fond of the gunner's mate rank.

Community Leader
seasnake on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
I'd also like to know as I'm not very fond of the gunner's mate rank.
I think you get Bosun at 300 posts. Keep plugging away!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Talkin The Plank on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
I think you get Bosun at 300 posts. Keep plugging away!
At the moment I'm more likely to quit playing. My swashbuckler uses sword and pistol and its dance of steal and other like attacks do a small fraction of damage compared to using stabby weapons and no matter how much I complain about that issue being bugged it doesn't get resolved so there is no use of my playing swashbuckler. My privateer I loved but to nerf it down in PvP the game has given all its special attacks and defenses to all other characters to the extent that witchdoctor now has three valor's armor cards whilehaving two superior artillary cards and beats the privateer in damage hands down with so much more variety that it makes one sick, and although the musketeer is good playing alongside a now ultra buffed witchdoctor makes one simply want to quit the game. Since when does not taking stuff away from characters and buffing the weaker ones instead mean that the game gives away anything that is unique to the other classes and in such a way that they even have way more of such cards and even hit for more with them as well? To me that is a game breaker, the point where you look for other games to play instead.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
74
Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
53
So how many post until you can be a community leader, Mr. one-eyed jack?

Administrator
theprivateers on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
So how many post until you can be a community leader, Mr. one-eyed jack?
Community leaders are those who run an official fan site! More information here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
53
one-eyed jack, i have another question: if your a community leader, does that mean you can have signatures?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
388
seasnake on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
At the moment I'm more likely to quit playing. My swashbuckler uses sword and pistol and its dance of steal and other like attacks do a small fraction of damage compared to using stabby weapons and no matter how much I complain about that issue being bugged it doesn't get resolved so there is no use of my playing swashbuckler. My privateer I loved but to nerf it down in PvP the game has given all its special attacks and defenses to all other characters to the extent that witchdoctor now has three valor's armor cards whilehaving two superior artillary cards and beats the privateer in damage hands down with so much more variety that it makes one sick, and although the musketeer is good playing alongside a now ultra buffed witchdoctor makes one simply want to quit the game. Since when does not taking stuff away from characters and buffing the weaker ones instead mean that the game gives away anything that is unique to the other classes and in such a way that they even have way more of such cards and even hit for more with them as well? To me that is a game breaker, the point where you look for other games to play instead.
I was never too fond of Dance of Steel. I really only use it for looks.

I never played with PvP (yet) and maybe eventually I will try it. I can see Witchdoctor's and Musketeers overpowering us Swashbucklers easy. However, I also feel like Swashbuckler's stealth, poison, and bleed attacks coupled with fairly good damage make us a pretty powerful class.

I imagine that if I got to a Witchdoctor first, before he is able to break my stealth in some way, I could put a serious dent in him before he got to work any of his hoodoo on me.

But .... one issue I do see here.... companions.

I will have my level 50 companions while people with smug smirks on their faces will have entered the battlefield with their level 51-53 companions, and therefore getting an upper hand in that way. But, since no one thinks anything is wrong with that and since nothing will be done about that, what can I say?

I am just glad I don't pvp. Phew.

Administrator
theprivateers on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
one-eyed jack, i have another question: if your a community leader, does that mean you can have signatures?
Yes, no graphics though.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*