Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Membership?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2019
I just got a membership, and on the website it says I have one, though in game it still says I cant go to areas... help?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mametric on Jun 16, 2019 wrote:
I just got a membership, and on the website it says I have one, though in game it still says I cant go to areas... help?
Are you trying to enter areas that you haven't got the quest for yet? Like trying to enter Marleybone while you're still in MooShu?
You can't access areas you're not ready to enter.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Are you trying to teleport to a friend? Or sail on your own to new worlds?

If you are trying to go to a friend and it says you don't have access, it may be that they are in an area that doesn't allow anyone to teleport in.

If you are trying to access new places, you will need to follow the story to gain access to sailing your ship through the stormgates.

Community Leader
My first thoughts are 2 possible things.

First, make sure you have restarted/relogged into the game after subscribing (which you likely have by now).

The other is that there is some progression built into the game.
It doesnt let you go to an area until your pirate is ready (and needs) to go there.

Otherwise.... it be a mystery matey.

Ye figure it out? Where ye trying to go?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jun 16, 2019
it is a place i am meant to go for a quest i am on, and i have restarted and relogged multiple times..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mametric on Jul 7, 2019 wrote:
it is a place i am meant to go for a quest i am on, and i have restarted and relogged multiple times..
I would suggest that you contact Support for your problem.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Which location is that? Is it still asking you to pay Crowns? Give us as much details as you can, we might be able to help.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Contact Kingsisle's support email and they should be able to help you.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I suspect you might have an early companion promotion quest and need to get to Monquista, and you'll just have to keep doing the story quests until you are able to access the area for that promotion. Pirates need to earn their ability to sail the various stormgates in the Spiral. Membership alone does not give all-access to the game.

However, if you had a friend already in that other area, you should be able to teleport to them and continue the promotion quest. This is why you will see pirates in Avery's Court asking to be taken to locations by higher level pirates.