Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Martin Valvida Unable to learn Relentless 2?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
I accidentally forgot to teach Martin Valvida Relentless 2 upon recruitment, and according to the wiki I'm not gonna get that opportunity again. Is that true?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
1of1 Buccaneer on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
I accidentally forgot to teach Martin Valvida Relentless 2 upon recruitment, and according to the wiki I'm not gonna get that opportunity again. Is that true?
You just don't know how to read the Wiki. Some talents are immediately available, others get unlocked as your companion levels up. The wiki states that relentless 2 is available upon recruitment, you don't have to wait(but can wait) to get it. I hope this helps.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
1of1 Buccaneer on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
He ought to have ( at least ) 2 gold promotions, if he's like his brother Moresco. Why not just re-set him?

Ensign
Jul 13, 2016
I'm pretty sure Relentless 2 isn't an option for Martin. That is one of the biggest complaints I hear about him as a companion. I'm not 100% sure but someone else may know for certain.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
despicablepirate on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Relentless 2 isn't an option for Martin. That is one of the biggest complaints I hear about him as a companion. I'm not 100% sure but someone else may know for certain.
Yup, I have him and its sooo very annoying not being able to teach him at least the 2nd rank of his starting epic.
Also, if I remember correctly, Martin isn't the only companion that can't learn a 2nd rank of their starting epic.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Yes I notified ki about it months ago and mine is still not fixed.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
You just don't know how to read the Wiki. Some talents are immediately available, others get unlocked as your companion levels up. The wiki states that relentless 2 is available upon recruitment, you don't have to wait(but can wait) to get it. I hope this helps.
I tried to wait, he's level 35 now. I reset him but it still didn't let me teach him relentless 2

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It's possible that the wiki information is incorrect. I will contact the member who added Relentless (Rank 2) as a possible choice and ask for verification. It looks like it was added when they recruited the companion in May of this year, so they may or may not have any screenshots.

My own Martin Valvida does not have Relentless 2, either.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The information has been corrected. Martin cannot train Relentless 2.