Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Loot Crates

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 21, 2012
Hi,
Are the treasure chests and the loot crates the same thing? After battle I quickly pick up the treasure chests but have never found a loot crate. What does it look like and where can I find it? Am I missing something here?

Administrator
If I understand your question correctly:

Loot crates are found after broadside-only combat.
Treasure chests are found after hand-to-hand combat.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Developer
there are also "secret chests" hidden throughout the game. Keep an eye out!

Pirate101 Associate Producer
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Johnny Ringo on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
there are also "secret chests" hidden throughout the game. Keep an eye out!
Quick question about these secret chests. Are they in the same spot for everyone and gettable once or are they like Wizard101 chests and respawn from time to time?

Ensign
Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for your quick reply! But, I am still a little confused. I understand how the land combat works.
Re:broadside combat, after victory, I run around and collect the treasure chests. There seems to be one
chest that is smaller than the rest. Is this the loot crate ???

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
wander free on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
Hi,
Are the treasure chests and the loot crates the same thing? After battle I quickly pick up the treasure chests but have never found a loot crate. What does it look like and where can I find it? Am I missing something here?
After the hand -to-hand battles you will find the treasure chests. The ones you have already been running around to pick up.

In the broad side battles (ship-to-ship), when you sink a ship it leaves debris in the sky. That debris is the crate of loot to pick up after the battle. Just like you have to run around to get the treasure chests, you also have to sail out to the crates to pick them up. I know there are areas with wreckage floating around in the sky, that is not what you pick up (other than if a quest asks for it), so don't let that confuse you. Only the debris left after the broadside battle is the loot in the crates you are looking for.

I hope that helped you a little.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
wander free on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply! But, I am still a little confused. I understand how the land combat works.
Re:broadside combat, after victory, I run around and collect the treasure chests. There seems to be one
chest that is smaller than the rest. Is this the loot crate ???
The smaller chests are still treasure chests. The fancier chests tend to give better loot.