Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lock Boxes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 31, 2018
I have been wandering through the spiral and seen the 2,3 and 4 lock boxes in instances. Now I am starting to see them in towns also, I mostly solo, occasionally calling in a friend.

Is it worth it to gather the people necessary to open the boxes, is the treasure worth the time? Thank you for your responses?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Group Plunder loot boxes are pretty much the only way to obtain Doubloons, so if you have some friends available to open them, you will be able to build a supply of these useful battle-bonuses. The higher the world you find them in, the more gold and higher-level doubloons will be rewarded.

During holiday events, you can also get holiday pets or housing items as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Soul7mirror on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:
I have been wandering through the spiral and seen the 2,3 and 4 lock boxes in instances. Now I am starting to see them in towns also, I mostly solo, occasionally calling in a friend.

Is it worth it to gather the people necessary to open the boxes, is the treasure worth the time? Thank you for your responses?
There are no 3 lock boxes ( Group Plunder Chests ). There are only 2 or 4 locks. In the case of seeing 3 locks, the fourth lock is probably hidden by the surroundings.
But to answer your question - yes, it's most definitely worth gathering friends to open them! Doubloons, gold and sometimes gear are the rewards awaiting the lucky pirates opening them!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Well, they give Doubloons. If you're interested in those, then maybe.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It can be, especially if you like using doubloons. Some of them usually drop from those boxes. The gold drops can be small, but they can also be rather large too. You have a chance at getting interesting clothes with some solid stats, and even a rare drop of a pet, sometimes crown pets. If you rarely open them, you might not be impressed, but if you make a habit of opening them when you find them, you will probably like something you get. Maybe if you are maxed out, have all the best gear, and are trying not to get doubloons or more pets, gold or clothes. Oh, sometimes you get furniture items too, some rare, some ordinary. I really like the locked chests found in high level dungeons.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Doubloons make battles much easier!. I have 2 accounts, the first account was played and for the most part completed prior to the whole doubloon and lock chest update (also before moo manchu, Kane and some of the harder battles). Having returned to Pirate and starting a 2nd account the Doubloons are now a GodSend in some cases. Thank you Galewind!