Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Loading areas

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 12, 2011
Lately this has only been happening to my swashbuckler, but every time i move into a new area with my max lvl swashbuckler class, it takes a long time to load that area even though i have been to that specific area, for example: Ancient Tunnels. Idk what to do about it, and this does not happen to my other pirates, my privateer and buccaneer. If anyone knows what to do i would gladly appreciate it.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Community Leader
There are only 2 easily controllable things that I am aware of that can help in this regard.

Your backpack, and ship status.

Keep your backpack as slim and trim as possible, the fewer items the better.
Multiple houses, with lots of items can also contribute.
Does your Swash have a house, and other pirates not?

Make sure your ship is bottled when its not in use, it being unbottled can slow load times, as its part of your character loading even if your not near the skyway! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
There are only 2 easily controllable things that I am aware of that can help in this regard.

Your backpack, and ship status.

Keep your backpack as slim and trim as possible, the fewer items the better.
Multiple houses, with lots of items can also contribute.
Does your Swash have a house, and other pirates not?

Make sure your ship is bottled when its not in use, it being unbottled can slow load times, as its part of your character loading even if your not near the skyway! ;)
Hmmm, keeping your ship bottled, that's a great tip. I never thought about that affecting loading. Nicely caught.