Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Levi's Call VS Valor's Fortress

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
So I was PVPing the other day, and I had just casted Leviathan's Call, when I realized that, instead of Levi's Call, it's be a much better option to use Valor's Fortress. Here's my reasoning.
A) Levi's Call blocks against melee and ranged, not magic. Fortress blocks everything.
B) Levi's Call can only be casted on yourself. Fortress can be casted on any ally, including yourself.
C) They're both 5 turns, removing any possible advantage Levi may have had.

Is this all true, or am I mistaken somewhere?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Can someone help me out with this?
I'm here to the rescue!
I see what you mean, but the sometimes levy has an advantage.
1. It's only on yourself. This means that you won't have to worry about which companion to put it on, or anything that could potentially waste time.
2. It forces your opponents to do something else. You know they probably wont go for an assassin's strike on you with a levy up, probably a magical attack like mojo reaver, poison, bombs etc. So, with that knowledge you can move your units in a position where it is hard to use this (so they can only poison one unit at a time, only bomb one unit etc.)
3. Levy is easier to find in gear than fortress. After a day of farming friar, i got a levy for my buckler and witch (And 2 for privateer!). After 3 weeks of farming, i have only gotten one fortress, and that is for my witchdoctor (Kami no Sensei's Garb). It being easier to find heavily benifits you, as getting the gear to drop is hard enough.

Other than that ^^, I see no advantages of levy than valor's fortress. IMO, they should have moved levy to 7 rounds so it would have a slight advantage over fortress, but they have their reasons.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
So I was PVPing the other day, and I had just casted Leviathan's Call, when I realized that, instead of Levi's Call, it's be a much better option to use Valor's Fortress. Here's my reasoning.
A) Levi's Call blocks against melee and ranged, not magic. Fortress blocks everything.
B) Levi's Call can only be casted on yourself. Fortress can be casted on any ally, including yourself.
C) They're both 5 turns, removing any possible advantage Levi may have had.

Is this all true, or am I mistaken somewhere?
I would also use Valor's Fortress instead of Leviathan's Call. But I would use Valor's Armor instead of Valor's Fortress. Valor's Fortress can block more damage...if you get hit within the five rounds for which it lasts. Valor's Armor, however, adds roughly 1300 health points to your pirate and lasts until it is spent. It can also guide your opponent's attack because it usually has one of two effects on the enemy. They either leave you alone completely or they focus their attack on you to break through it.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
DeathWiz101378 on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
I'm here to the rescue!
I see what you mean, but the sometimes levy has an advantage.
1. It's only on yourself. This means that you won't have to worry about which companion to put it on, or anything that could potentially waste time.
2. It forces your opponents to do something else. You know they probably wont go for an assassin's strike on you with a levy up, probably a magical attack like mojo reaver, poison, bombs etc. So, with that knowledge you can move your units in a position where it is hard to use this (so they can only poison one unit at a time, only bomb one unit etc.)
3. Levy is easier to find in gear than fortress. After a day of farming friar, i got a levy for my buckler and witch (And 2 for privateer!). After 3 weeks of farming, i have only gotten one fortress, and that is for my witchdoctor (Kami no Sensei's Garb). It being easier to find heavily benifits you, as getting the gear to drop is hard enough.

Other than that ^^, I see no advantages of levy than valor's fortress. IMO, they should have moved levy to 7 rounds so it would have a slight advantage over fortress, but they have their reasons.
1: Wouldn't it be better to have options?

2: True...

3: Yes. Just yes. I COMPLETELY get what you're saying here.

Thanks!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
I would also use Valor's Fortress instead of Leviathan's Call. But I would use Valor's Armor instead of Valor's Fortress. Valor's Fortress can block more damage...if you get hit within the five rounds for which it lasts. Valor's Armor, however, adds roughly 1300 health points to your pirate and lasts until it is spent. It can also guide your opponent's attack because it usually has one of two effects on the enemy. They either leave you alone completely or they focus their attack on you to break through it.
Good point. Does Valor's Armor stack? I mean, someone could just use about six of them and have an INSANE amount of health if it does.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Good point. Does Valor's Armor stack? I mean, someone could just use about six of them and have an INSANE amount of health if it does.
I have never tried it. My Musketeer has four different gear items that provide Valor's Armor so I reckon I could find out for sure with her. All my other pirates have only one. I have heard that it stacks, though and that for awhile it was the trend to stack it on Nausica and turn her loose during pvp. I have never tested it and this is only what I have heard. If it does stack...what a wonderful, magical world it would be...for me anyway. My opponents might not enjoy it much.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
No, Valor's Armor Does not stack. You can cast it twice on the same unit, and they will both degrade simultaneously from the same damage.
What you can do is stack a Valor's Fortress, Valor's Shield, Leviathan's call, Kracken's lament , or Triton's Song with the Valor's Shield. This effectively multiplies the effect of the shield for the duration of your timed protection. And those timed protection spells are stackable with each other or more of the same spell..

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Then couldn't you just hold one Valor's Fortress in reserve and cast them on your unit as soon as the last one runs out?