Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is El Toro mainly focused on?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
There I was, walking down a Mooshu road. Since my cow regenades didn't load, I walked right into them. I looked at the message boards a bit, and after I went back to the game, El Toro was on bed rest. A friend told me the companion with the lowest health unit gets focused on, but I guess not.

First 3 companions I use for battle:
El Toro (1,657 )
Bonnie (1,874 )
Ridolfo (1,371 )

El Toro has more health than Ridolfo.
Well, after El Toro died they went for Ridolfo. Does anyone know how the enemies know which one to strike first or if El Toro gets focused on?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Sometimes enemies do focus on companions who have lower health if they are injured during the battle. Sometimes it's based on their class. Buccaneers have more pull on the enemies. Privateer pirates do as well especially if they have the loud ability. The focus can also be if the enemies can all reach a specific companion in the same round. If so they may all focus on that one companion.

This has been my experience.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I don't think it's so much the health they start with as it is the first guy wounded seems to be a magnet for hits after that, unless one of your other crew members is dishing out a lot of damage. The AI has been improved a lot; between that and the changes to blade storm and double tap the fights are a lot nastier.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
KatherineDragonBla... on Nov 30, 2014 wrote:
There I was, walking down a Mooshu road. Since my cow regenades didn't load, I walked right into them. I looked at the message boards a bit, and after I went back to the game, El Toro was on bed rest. A friend told me the companion with the lowest health unit gets focused on, but I guess not.

El Toro (1,657 )
Bonnie (1,874 )
Ridolfo (1,371 )

Well, after El Toro died they went for Ridolfo. Does anyone know how the enemies know which one to strike first or if El Toro gets focused on?
I'm pretty sure that the companion that deals the most damage gets focused on, otherwise it's random or maybe both?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
KatherineDragonBla... on Nov 30, 2014 wrote:

El Toro (1,657 )
Bonnie (1,874 )
Ridolfo (1,371 )

So I really meant to ask -- you wandered off to look at the message boards during a battle? Who on earth was giving your crews commands?

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
So I really meant to ask -- you wandered off to look at the message boards during a battle? Who on earth was giving your crews commands?
Nope, what I mean is that during the battle when they were fighting (I finished planning) is when I looked at the message boards.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
Fun fact, if you disconnect while in a battle, your companions fight for you until you come back on.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Noble Tyler Strong on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
Fun fact, if you disconnect while in a battle, your companions fight for you until you come back on.
Fun fact -- they either fight for you until you come back or they die horribly because you can't reconnect. Don't ask how I know this....

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Fun fact -- they either fight for you until you come back or they die horribly because you can't reconnect. Don't ask how I know this....
It's the effort to try to fight for the Captain while he's been umm... disconnected... that counts.