Is El Dorado hidden in Empyrea!?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Title says it all. I know all the Wizard players are hyped about Emperea Part 2 (including me!) But do you think El Dorado is hidden in Empyrea? It seems plausible if you think about it, so let's think!

If it's hidden in Empyrea, It would easily explain A: The journey is perilous, and B: No-one knows where it is. After all, no ordinary ship can survive the Aethyr, and few know of Empyrea's existence in the first place! As for who once inhabited it, we can only guess.

Thinking time's done! What do you think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
Lookit Light on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
Title says it all. I know all the Wizard players are hyped about Emperea Part 2 (including me!) But do you think El Dorado is hidden in Empyrea? It seems plausible if you think about it, so let's think!

If it's hidden in Empyrea, It would easily explain A: The journey is perilous, and B: No-one knows where it is. After all, no ordinary ship can survive the Aethyr, and few know of Empyrea's existence in the first place! As for who once inhabited it, we can only guess.

Thinking time's done! What do you think?
I'm not sure that it is hidden in Empyrea. ( please, I hope it's not. ) It is said in our puppet show that the stormgate moves around and most already know the route to Empyrea through the Aethyr. I believe that the journey was perilous because they didn't have a windstone to enter the Aethyr.

Judging by how the architecture looks and the guardians appearance, I would say the culture was or was influenced by the Celestians and not the Alpoi.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
anecorbie on Nov 23, 2018 wrote:
I'm not sure that it is hidden in Empyrea. ( please, I hope it's not. ) It is said in our puppet show that the stormgate moves around and most already know the route to Empyrea through the Aethyr. I believe that the journey was perilous because they didn't have a windstone to enter the Aethyr.

Judging by how the architecture looks and the guardians appearance, I would say the culture was or was influenced by the Celestians and not the Alpoi.
Of course we don't want it to be there, but the Aethyr is chaotic and unpredictable. It's winds and storms could close Stormgates and open new ones, and in the puppet show about El Dorado, there is a giant squid which could easily be a Great Squid.

You're right in that the architecture is quite alien, but it doesn't look Celestian. I don't think they made pyramids. The guardians look somewhat Dwarven in appearance. Maybe when they still used magic?

Another fact about the guardians: there's one in Mooshu! Stupendor-X, which you used to fight Stormzilla, is "The greatest of the vessels of Shangri-La" according to Master Li Hark. And Cao Tzu states that Pollo called Shangri-La El Dorado! They're one and the same!

It is completely possible that I'm wrong, but there is evidence to the contrary.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
329
The whole problem with El Dorado is that it's stormgate behaves like no other stormgate. It constantly shifts and changes positions in space. To get to El Dorado, you have to 1) find it, 2) get there in time to enter it, and 3) survive the journey.

Quote from Pollo: " "I have confirmed your theory - the random perturbations of El Dorado's Stormgate are no accident - they occur by design. After the fall of this great city, the Celestians used their magic to unmoor the Stormgate from the fabric of the Spiral, to prevent anyone from ever coming here again. "

While I would be open to the theoretical possibility that the Stormgate toe El Dorado *could have* been in Empyrea at one point, I am doubtful that it is there in stationary.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
Lookit Light on Nov 24, 2018 wrote:
Of course we don't want it to be there, but the Aethyr is chaotic and unpredictable. It's winds and storms could close Stormgates and open new ones, and in the puppet show about El Dorado, there is a giant squid which could easily be a Great Squid.

You're right in that the architecture is quite alien, but it doesn't look Celestian. I don't think they made pyramids. The guardians look somewhat Dwarven in appearance. Maybe when they still used magic?

Another fact about the guardians: there's one in Mooshu! Stupendor-X, which you used to fight Stormzilla, is "The greatest of the vessels of Shangri-La" according to Master Li Hark. And Cao Tzu states that Pollo called Shangri-La El Dorado! They're one and the same!

It is completely possible that I'm wrong, but there is evidence to the contrary.
Well, you know that in IMO this evidence is very "iffy" and Stupendor X is much bigger than those guardians from the puppet show. Perhaps the technology to create S-X came from El Dorado/Shangri-la, but was built in MooShu?
As to whether the Celestian never built pyramids, I've never seen a complete Celestian building as most are in ruins.
Could it possibly be that the ancient civilization that lived in El Dorado was actually Prawn-based?

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
22
Lookit Light on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
Title says it all. I know all the Wizard players are hyped about Emperea Part 2 (including me!) But do you think El Dorado is hidden in Empyrea? It seems plausible if you think about it, so let's think!

If it's hidden in Empyrea, It would easily explain A: The journey is perilous, and B: No-one knows where it is. After all, no ordinary ship can survive the Aethyr, and few know of Empyrea's existence in the first place! As for who once inhabited it, we can only guess.

Thinking time's done! What do you think?
Hey, what about Avernus? There is a stormgate here, I wonder where it goes...

Stormy Isaac (Level 42 )

Ensign
Nov 09, 2017
22
Wiwade on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Hey, what about Avernus? There is a stormgate here, I wonder where it goes...

Stormy Isaac (Level 42 )
That is LITERALLY what I was thinking!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
Withdoctor Nellis on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
That is LITERALLY what I was thinking!
Maybe, but there could be something even more unexpected. Maybe El Dorado's "Stormgate" works along different terms. The El Dorado Puppet Show states "You can't just sail there." Maybe we get there by completely different means!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9072
Lookit Light on Jan 8, 2019 wrote:
Maybe, but there could be something even more unexpected. Maybe El Dorado's "Stormgate" works along different terms. The El Dorado Puppet Show states "You can't just sail there." Maybe we get there by completely different means!
"You can't just sail there." Then Avery goes on to explain why we can't sail there. The stormgate moves in an unpredictable manner. I don't see this as implying a different mode of travel.
We will need a windstone to access the stormgate as well as ALL pieces of the map to show where the stormgate will be.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 12, 2015
257
anecorbie on Jan 9, 2019 wrote:
"You can't just sail there." Then Avery goes on to explain why we can't sail there. The stormgate moves in an unpredictable manner. I don't see this as implying a different mode of travel.
We will need a windstone to access the stormgate as well as ALL pieces of the map to show where the stormgate will be.
I mean a different kind of Stormgate. Not sure what it could be, but as it's unpredictable, I'm willing to believe almost anything, so long as it involves an acceptable Stormgate.