Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

If two bosses drop the same item...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 23, 2012
This is a question for Ratbeard I believe

For example, if both Waco Kid and Santa Rana both drop an item, like Aro de Armadura, would they have different drop rates? Like Santa would have a higher chance of dropping it than Waco?

And if that is true, then do you have a higher chance of an item dropping from a boss at the end of a dungeon, or the same as a single fight boss sigil?

Developer
TheFancyWD on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
This is a question for Ratbeard I believe

For example, if both Waco Kid and Santa Rana both drop an item, like Aro de Armadura, would they have different drop rates? Like Santa would have a higher chance of dropping it than Waco?

And if that is true, then do you have a higher chance of an item dropping from a boss at the end of a dungeon, or the same as a single fight boss sigil?
If two bosses drop the same item, the drop rates will be the same.

We also don't vary drop rates according to the type of "drop"-- at the beginning or end of a dungeon, behind a sigil or not, or anything along those lines.

Each enemy has one or more loot tables and those loot tables define the drop rates, without reference to "who" dropped the item. So, in the case of two bosses that drop the same item, they're both pointing to the same loot table. In the example you gave, it's probably what I call the "Rare Items" loot table; and Santa Rana will *also* have another unique loot table, where things like his hat or his gun can drop. Waco Kid is obviously not pointing at that loot table.

The exception is the 2nd Chance chests-- although here the only change is to make sure that the table doesn't ever drop "nothing," which can sometimes happen with regular loot tables. (If you paid crowns for a second chance loot roll, we make sure you get something.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
If two bosses drop the same item, the drop rates will be the same.

We also don't vary drop rates according to the type of "drop"-- at the beginning or end of a dungeon, behind a sigil or not, or anything along those lines.

Each enemy has one or more loot tables and those loot tables define the drop rates, without reference to "who" dropped the item. So, in the case of two bosses that drop the same item, they're both pointing to the same loot table. In the example you gave, it's probably what I call the "Rare Items" loot table; and Santa Rana will *also* have another unique loot table, where things like his hat or his gun can drop. Waco Kid is obviously not pointing at that loot table.

The exception is the 2nd Chance chests-- although here the only change is to make sure that the table doesn't ever drop "nothing," which can sometimes happen with regular loot tables. (If you paid crowns for a second chance loot roll, we make sure you get something.)
Wonderful info Ratbeard, thank you. Is there any way to limit duplications in the second chance chests? Especially for rare no trade items, well that is the reason for the request. It is frustrating to spend real cash for something and wind up getting 3 of a no trade item in the same visit. Is that controllable in the table dynamics?

Developer
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Wonderful info Ratbeard, thank you. Is there any way to limit duplications in the second chance chests? Especially for rare no trade items, well that is the reason for the request. It is frustrating to spend real cash for something and wind up getting 3 of a no trade item in the same visit. Is that controllable in the table dynamics?
No, we don't tweak the rolls based on what you may have received before.

But it does seem unusual that you would get three no trade items in the same visit. Only the most unique items are marked no trade.

I can only assume from this that you're at a 2nd chance chest for a boss who drops multiple unique no trade items, and that you're fishing for a specific item.

We're fairly agnostic about how you guys use the 2nd chance chests, but it might be better to think of them as a chance to get something unique as opposed to getting something specific unique.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
No, we don't tweak the rolls based on what you may have received before.

But it does seem unusual that you would get three no trade items in the same visit. Only the most unique items are marked no trade.

I can only assume from this that you're at a 2nd chance chest for a boss who drops multiple unique no trade items, and that you're fishing for a specific item.

We're fairly agnostic about how you guys use the 2nd chance chests, but it might be better to think of them as a chance to get something unique as opposed to getting something specific unique.
* Looks abashed and guilty *Yea you have a good point and when that happened I had a weak moment and I was truly fishing and the odds were truly not in my favor, lol. I did make a great deal of gold but I was just curious. I will re-orient my thinking and use them appropriately. My general usage of second chance chests are used correctly it's just my weak moment was memorable but I do now see that it was my own fault. My apologies.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Does begging increase the drop rate. For example, I was farming for the armadillo and the time I started begging, like "Pls KI, give me the armadillo," I got the armadillo. Also, I was trying to get the key for a mooshu main quest, which was very hard to get, I got it the battle I started begging.

Administrator
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
Does begging increase the drop rate. For example, I was farming for the armadillo and the time I started begging, like "Pls KI, give me the armadillo," I got the armadillo. Also, I was trying to get the key for a mooshu main quest, which was very hard to get, I got it the battle I started begging.
Nope! No effect whatsoever. This might be a good link for you to read on this topic as well.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Can an item be in two different loot tables?

Say I got the Hat of Houndini from Bishop, and I already know that Bishop drops from a Level 50 Clothing with Powers loot table. If I got the Hat of Houndini from another Dockworker Dan, would I know, then, that Dockworker Dan drops everything else that Bishop drops from the Level 50 Clothing with Powers loot table?

If so, Bishop probably drops the "Level 50 Clothing with Powers" table and "Bishop Unique Items" table, correct? And Dockworker Dan drops the same "Level 50 Clothing with Powers" table?
(And also "Level 50 Jewelry w/o Powers" table)

Or is there a chance the Hat of Houndini is on two loot tables and Bishop/Dockworker Dan do not share the same table?

Are there any exceptions?

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
Just plain luck.