Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How many times have you reached the gold limit?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Hi fellow pirates I wanted to know how many times you have reached the gold limit I have reached about four times

p.s. if you don't know how to get good gold go to the tower of Moo Manchu and the wreak of the victory (my favorite dungeon)

Ensign
Jan 29, 2012
My characters rarely reach the gold limit because I watch my gold and spend it freely. I usually get about 170k from a single run through the tower. If I were not careful, my level 65 characters would be at the gold limit several times a week.

Gold can be used for housing, pet training and pet snacks (have you noticed how few pet snacks are for sale in the Bazaar these days?), training tomes, and purchasing rare gear from the Bazaar. There are probably other uses for gold that I can't think of at the moment.

IMO, the gold limit is just fine where it is. I think there is too much gold available in the tower and that it's unbalancing the game.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
As of now,not once.
I DO get close to the gold limit,but I just go spend it on housing,companion training points,and morphing,all three of which bring me back to 9354,on some occasions.On other...I was left at 23 gold.(just a testimony to how much pirates spend on their crews,pets and houses)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
As a Buccaneer about 5 times, due to framing and other things.

For my other four pirates,as of now they have not reached the gold limit, not yet at least.

It's still a long way,to go pass the 200,000 gold cap ( sign ).

Ensign
May 19, 2012
dragonmaster1236 on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Hi fellow pirates I wanted to know how many times you have reached the gold limit I have reached about four times

p.s. if you don't know how to get good gold go to the tower of Moo Manchu and the wreak of the victory (my favorite dungeon)
Hi Dragonmaster.
How many times? goodness, i stopped countiing after i got to 10th time.
And that was many months back.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
EllieTheSwash on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi Dragonmaster.
How many times? goodness, i stopped countiing after i got to 10th time.
And that was many months back.
Wow

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
While not a gold cap story,the day before yesterday,I had around 40 000 gold.

The next day,it was 54 gold.

What did I spend it on?Can anyone guess?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
While not a gold cap story,the day before yesterday,I had around 40 000 gold.

The next day,it was 54 gold.

What did I spend it on?Can anyone guess?
pet/pet supplies

Ensign
Mar 14, 2014
about 20 times on my buck bloody Brandon chamberlain I own all the ships all the class houses and regular houses maxed out companions and more!!!

bloody Brandon chamberlain lvl 65

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Logan Sharp on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
pet/pet supplies
Nope.Furniture.And two training tomes,but mostly furniture.

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
Reached gold limit about 7 or 8 times; been spending gold on tomes for my companions so they can be maxed level. Going through puppet quests, selling the items you get from dungeons and battles will help make your gold add up, so I been to everywhere in the spiral repeatedly.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Once. And that was with crowns.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Admiral
May 30, 2010
A couple of times, on different pirates, but I spend like a drunken sailor when I get close, so not all that often. Morphing can bring you right back from the brink of the gold limit in no time at all.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Once every tower run for me, otherwise, once after farming a boss for what I wanted. Quite easy to get to the level cap and quick too!

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
hmmm.... i think.....
0 times. lol