Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Housing in Pirate 101?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 22, 2008
This may be a question that's been answered many times before, but I'm not an avid forum reader so I'll ask it again: Why the lack of Housing in Pirate 101?

I was a faithful Wizard 101 player from level one back in the closed beta until about the time Zafaria came out and I honestly think I spent more time prettying up my Castles and dorm rooms than I did trying to save the Spiral. So my question is, if Kingsisle has created at least two castles per world AND even more for the crown shop, why do we only have eight (Not counting Bundle Islands here) current homes in Pirate101?

Pirate 101 as well, I've been a faithful player since the closed beta but I can't help having grown bored of the current housing choices we have. I've purchased the two non-class affiliated houses as well as the Buccaneer, Musketeer, Privateer, Swashbuckler, and the most recent Island they've released. While I like the Privateer and Swashbuckler houses, I can't help but feel like (No offense meant here) the designs can be a bit underwhelming, and the space of some of them too overbearing. Instead of a giant mansion made from the remains of a Military Garrison or a ravine filled with wrecked ships and a whale skeleton why not a Simple Cool Ranch Farmhouse or, as I've been hoping and praying for, a Valencian manor not unlike Captain Steed's.

I understand that everyone working on the game must have their hands full and all around Pirate 101 is a fantastic game, (And again I mean this with all due respect) but with the lack of housing, the lack of any form of major update for nearly three years and the altogether barren feel and lack of activities of Pirate 101 as compared to its predecessor I've found it hard on occasion to keep faith with the game.

I love Pirate 101 with all my being and honestly I've dropped an embarrassing amount of money on it and Wizard 101 to get all the games have to offer, and I plan to continue doing so but there just seems like such a lack of (unless I'm looking in the wrong places) necessary communication between the creators of the game and the fans. Of course there is KI Live but there just never seems like there's enough information being provided about the future of the game we all hold dear as a whole.

I apologize for the tangent there but, if anyone would like to help me better understand the situation, answer my question, or even yell at me for being an ungrateful blackguard I would really appreciate it.

Cordially yours, Captain Jerry.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Jerricho1195 on May 10, 2016 wrote:
This may be a question that's been answered many times before, but I'm not an avid forum reader so I'll ask it again: Why the lack of Housing in Pirate 101?

I was a faithful Wizard 101 player from level one back in the closed beta until about the time Zafaria came out and I honestly think I spent more time prettying up my Castles and dorm rooms than I did trying to save the Spiral. So my question is, if Kingsisle has created at least two castles per world AND even more for the crown shop, why do we only have eight (Not counting Bundle Islands here) current homes in Pirate101?

Pirate 101 as well, I've been a faithful player since the closed beta but I can't help having grown bored of the current housing choices we have. I've purchased the two non-class affiliated houses as well as the Buccaneer, Musketeer, Privateer, Swashbuckler, and the most recent Island they've released. While I like the Privateer and Swashbuckler houses, I can't help but feel like (No offense meant here) the designs can be a bit underwhelming, and the space of some of them too overbearing. Instead of a giant mansion made from the remains of a Military Garrison or a ravine filled with wrecked ships and a whale skeleton why not a Simple Cool Ranch Farmhouse or, as I've been hoping and praying for, a Valencian manor not unlike Captain Steed's.

I understand that everyone working on the game must have their hands full and all around Pirate 101 is a fantastic game, (And again I mean this with all due respect) but with the lack of housing, the lack of any form of major update for nearly three years and the altogether barren feel and lack of activities of Pirate 101 as compared to its predecessor I've found it hard on occasion to keep faith with the game.

I love Pirate 101 with all my being and honestly I've dropped an embarrassing amount of money on it and Wizard 101 to get all the games have to offer, and I plan to continue doing so but there just seems like such a lack of (unless I'm looking in the wrong places) necessary communication between the creators of the game and the fans. Of course there is KI Live but there just never seems like there's enough information being provided about the future of the game we all hold dear as a whole.

I apologize for the tangent there but, if anyone would like to help me better understand the situation, answer my question, or even yell at me for being an ungrateful blackguard I would really appreciate it.

Cordially yours, Captain Jerry.
Excellent question, and well put. I, too have noticed the lack of housing, and, if I may take it one step further, the low quality of what little houses we do have compared to those in wizard101. My house in wiz, from a bundle I think, has a whole labyrinth underneath it that, should you go through, gives a little reward each day. And it has an oracle which gives little tips and tricks for the game(most of which are obvious, but it is cool) and it is almost double the size of the houses in pirate.

I, too wonder why KI didn't put forth an effort to make housing better in Pirate101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on May 10, 2016 wrote:
Excellent question, and well put. I, too have noticed the lack of housing, and, if I may take it one step further, the low quality of what little houses we do have compared to those in wizard101. My house in wiz, from a bundle I think, has a whole labyrinth underneath it that, should you go through, gives a little reward each day. And it has an oracle which gives little tips and tricks for the game(most of which are obvious, but it is cool) and it is almost double the size of the houses in pirate.

I, too wonder why KI didn't put forth an effort to make housing better in Pirate101.
Wizard101 - has been in existence for nearly 7 years. Of course it will have more housing from the Crown Shop & bundles, plus houses you can buy from world venders, not to mention craft-able houses.

Pirate101 - will be celebrating its 4 birthday in October, It has 2 basic houses & class housing in the Crown Shop and Smuggler's Cove which has a wishing well that gifts gold or scrip ( the class housing & SC have PVP arenas. ) There are also 2 bundles that come with a house - Cutthroat & Empire. In case you're counting, that's 10 houses available in the 3 years of P101 existence ( I'm not including the Volcano House as that has been retired. )
So, come on guys, give them time to catch up, 'k?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would also like to mention that we have a basic ship cabin, a crown shop ship cabin and a ship cabin available in the black market.
With our bunkhouse, that's 14 house spaces available for decorating!
How can you keep saying that there's a lack of housing space?
I think our houses are beautiful and well designed, with nifty inter-actable devices in all the class housing.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
anecorbie on May 10, 2016 wrote:
I would also like to mention that we have a basic ship cabin, a crown shop ship cabin and a ship cabin available in the black market.
With our bunkhouse, that's 14 house spaces available for decorating!
How can you keep saying that there's a lack of housing space?
I think our houses are beautiful and well designed, with nifty inter-actable devices in all the class housing.
I'm not sure that you can use more than 1 ship's cabin at a time. I've purchased the Captain's Quarters from the Crown Shop. When I installed it on one of my pirate's ships, I found that it is now on all of that pirate's ships along with the items in it. It seems that there is only one ship's cabin per pirate. If I get the chance, I will purchase the Black Market ship's cabin when the Test Realm comes on line and see if I can use both on the same Pirate. At the moment, I don't think that it will be allowed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on May 11, 2016 wrote:
I'm not sure that you can use more than 1 ship's cabin at a time. I've purchased the Captain's Quarters from the Crown Shop. When I installed it on one of my pirate's ships, I found that it is now on all of that pirate's ships along with the items in it. It seems that there is only one ship's cabin per pirate. If I get the chance, I will purchase the Black Market ship's cabin when the Test Realm comes on line and see if I can use both on the same Pirate. At the moment, I don't think that it will be allowed.
That's correct only one ship cabin can be used at a time - that cabin will be on all your current ships. Unfortunately, the crown shop cabin isn't tradable, so if you're lucky enough ( & determined enough to get the scrip ) to buy the black market cabin; you'll have to decide which to use.