Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

hoodoo bundle

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
i've seen that there's a witchdoctor lab extention when you buy the bundle,question is this for all houses or just the witchdoctor house?
silver joseph vane

Administrator
thatonevalenciansw... on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
i've seen that there's a witchdoctor lab extention when you buy the bundle,question is this for all houses or just the witchdoctor house?
silver joseph vane
It can be placed in any house . . . even your dorm room!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
:D I loved it when I found out that on my witchdoctor. Currently her witchdoctor lab is in her dorm until she gets the full witchdoctor class house.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2013
I asked the Walmart near me and they didn't know anything about it. Looking at their inventory, Walmart only had cards for Wizard101. They did not have ANY Pirate101 cards at all. I guess I don't understand why any card would be sold exclusively at any one store. Apparently there are a lot of people here that want to spend the money to buy the Hoodoo Bundle, but have no way to actually make the purchase. It would be so much easier to be able to purchase bundles online at the Kingsisle website in my humble opinion. Either that or give Gamestop the exclusivity, they are more reliable and consistent since they are a game store specifically. Just my opinion. I would love to get the bundle, but alas I will not be able to get it. I will attempt to contact the distributor, although I will say I would think Kingsisle would want to discuss this obvious issue with the distributor directly instead of leaving it up to the customer to fight the battle.

Community Leader
BellaBug314 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
I asked the Walmart near me and they didn't know anything about it. Looking at their inventory, Walmart only had cards for Wizard101. They did not have ANY Pirate101 cards at all. I guess I don't understand why any card would be sold exclusively at any one store. Apparently there are a lot of people here that want to spend the money to buy the Hoodoo Bundle, but have no way to actually make the purchase. It would be so much easier to be able to purchase bundles online at the Kingsisle website in my humble opinion. Either that or give Gamestop the exclusivity, they are more reliable and consistent since they are a game store specifically. Just my opinion. I would love to get the bundle, but alas I will not be able to get it. I will attempt to contact the distributor, although I will say I would think Kingsisle would want to discuss this obvious issue with the distributor directly instead of leaving it up to the customer to fight the battle.
Stores, especially Walmart track sales, and stock what sells.

I remember seeing a documentary on Walmart and they made this clear. Not all Walmarts are alike, different specials, different products, all computerized. Products that don't sell at one store location can often be sent back to their warehouses, and redirected to a store location that sell that product regularly.

I doubt KI does not have ANY control over Walmart distribution (or any of the retailers they work with). I would talk to a Walmart manager and request that they stock the product, it might turn things around for Pirate101 at that store! This is not up to KI at all.

What I don't think many people realize is there are contracts with each retailer behind these products. There are a variety of them because of their varied contracts with different retailers. Retailers like having unique products so they have less competition. This is also why KI themselves does not sell these items online (they contractually cannot compete with the retailers they arranged the product with) at first.

Gamestop which I believe each location is privately owned.. is by far less reliable in my area than Walmart, luckily there are several in my area so usually one of them has the latest cards, and almost always 2 weeks AFTER they are released. Which amazes me because I live in a HUGE market for KI. So also realize not all retailers are the same depending on WHERE you are at. ;)

I have a question regarding Witchdoctors Lab on the Hoodoo bundle.

Was the "Witchdoctors Lab" meant to prohibit us from placing any housing items within? I can understand there could be some programming complications in that regard, but its such a larger area, it screams to be decorated, and is otherwise seemingly without purpose.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
Dr Zeppers on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:

I remember seeing a documentary on Walmart and they made this clear. Not all Walmarts are alike, different specials, different products, all computerized. Products that don't sell at one store location can often be sent back to their warehouses, and redirected to a store location that sell that product regularly.

I doubt KI does not have ANY control over Walmart distribution (or any of the retailers they work with). I would talk to a Walmart manager and request that they stock the product, it might turn things around for Pirate101 at that store! This is not up to KI at all.

What I don't think many people realize is there are contracts with each retailer behind these products. There are a variety of them because of their varied contracts with different retailers. Retailers like having unique products so they have less competition. This is also why KI themselves does not sell these items online (they contractually cannot compete with the retailers they arranged the product with) at first.

Gamestop which I believe each location is privately owned.. is by far less reliable in my area than Walmart, luckily there are several in my area so usually one of them has the latest cards, and almost always 2 weeks AFTER they are released. Which amazes me because I live in a HUGE market for KI. So also realize not all retailers are the same depending on WHERE you are at. ;)

Was the "Witchdoctors Lab" meant to prohibit us from placing any housing items within? I can understand there could be some programming complications in that regard, but its such a larger area, it screams to be decorated, and is otherwise seemingly without purpose.
Well, I can tell you that it's always a bit tricky when dealing with items that would be a "container within a container," which is what the Witchdoctor's Lab would become if it allowed furniture items to be placed inside.

I've seen several player recommendations for this extra space, and I will be sure to mention that players would like to do more with the Witchdoctor's Lab, however, for now, the lab is simply an extra (and very cool ) space to explore within your player housing.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2013

This doesn't really address the issue, though I thank you for the reply.

I still have issue with a product being advertised and not being able to purchase it. It is not up to the customer to make the product available; it is the responsibility of the company selling the product. If I were selling a product, especially one that is being given exclusivity of sales, I would want the company that has those exclusive rights to have my product on the shelves on the date of launch, not 2 weeks after the fact. When a new product by any company is advertised to be available on a certain date, it should be available on that date. If I can only buy that product at a specific store, that store should be held accountable by the manufacturer to stock it and have it available to the public on the launch date. If that store as a reputation for not adhering, I would think the manufacturer would want to be made aware so other accommodations can be made to the public with a vendor that will adhere to a launch date. That is just my perspective with 20+ years experience in business.

As a consumer, one that works graveyards as a nurse in a hospital, I don't always have the "normal business hours" available to make phone calls to store managers or distributors. I believe that is up to the creator/owner of the product being sold.

These are my opinions and I sincerely hope that someone at Kingsisle is aware that their product is not being made available to the public. If I were the business owner, I would want to know.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
BellaBug314 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
This doesn't really address the issue, though I thank you for the reply.

I still have issue with a product being advertised and not being able to purchase it. It is not up to the customer to make the product available; it is the responsibility of the company selling the product. If I were selling a product, especially one that is being given exclusivity of sales, I would want the company that has those exclusive rights to have my product on the shelves on the date of launch, not 2 weeks after the fact. When a new product by any company is advertised to be available on a certain date, it should be available on that date. If I can only buy that product at a specific store, that store should be held accountable by the manufacturer to stock it and have it available to the public on the launch date. If that store as a reputation for not adhering, I would think the manufacturer would want to be made aware so other accommodations can be made to the public with a vendor that will adhere to a launch date. That is just my perspective with 20+ years experience in business.

As a consumer, one that works graveyards as a nurse in a hospital, I don't always have the "normal business hours" available to make phone calls to store managers or distributors. I believe that is up to the creator/owner of the product being sold.

These are my opinions and I sincerely hope that someone at Kingsisle is aware that their product is not being made available to the public. If I were the business owner, I would want to know.
I agree that products should be on time because some people get left out if they aren't. I am currently going through a moment where my card shop doesn't have a specific product that was suppose to already be out.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2012
My Walmart isnt reliable with Kingsisle stuff at all. They only have one or two cards for each game. They never have what I want. My Pirate's name is RELIABLE Mason Brewster, and I am not reliable at all in real life! But I am more reliable then my Walmart, and THAT is saying something! I say we get pitch-forks and torches and march up to Walmarts front-doors at night and BURN DOWN THEIR HOUSES! AHAHAHAH BURN! THEY WILL ALL BURN!! Uhhh... I mean we will ask nicely if they have the bundle yet. Sure... nicely. He he he. HEHEHE. AHAHAHAHHA! Also never trust me with fire.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
CaptainJack74011 on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
My Walmart isnt reliable with Kingsisle stuff at all. They only have one or two cards for each game. They never have what I want. My Pirate's name is RELIABLE Mason Brewster, and I am not reliable at all in real life! But I am more reliable then my Walmart, and THAT is saying something! I say we get pitch-forks and torches and march up to Walmarts front-doors at night and BURN DOWN THEIR HOUSES! AHAHAHAH BURN! THEY WILL ALL BURN!! Uhhh... I mean we will ask nicely if they have the bundle yet. Sure... nicely. He he he. HEHEHE. AHAHAHAHHA! Also never trust me with fire.
walmart's reliability is sometimes really good and sometimes really bad.

At my walmart they had 20 of the Bundle before official announcement (got the name of the bundle off central)
When I asked them earlier that day they said "No we just sold the last one" which made me very suspicious. (They had it? It sold that quickly?)
I ended up going there and what do you know, they had 20 copies of the Hoodoo Bundle. (hmm last one? sure walmart, sure)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My wife and I have checked three Walmarts in our area, including one that has generally been very reliable about stocking P101 and W101 game cards. Nada. Interestingly, if you go to Walmart.com, they don't list the Hoodoo card at all. Disappointing, as we were both very much looking forward to purchasing one.

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Interesting bundle,unfortunately where my area is there is no Walmart stores within miles away . I would like to buy this bundle as soon,as i see one. As a witchdoctor this lab would be great add-on for the Witchdoctor house or the Empire Villa. I hope this bundle will be available Target stores or Game Stop stores soon. There is no way I am going to wait for many months,to buy it online.

"Waiting too long, will give your opponents a Winning advantages." - Amber Underwood

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012

Just to let you know, Walmart people are NOT the most friendly people around, you have to wait 2+ hours for just asking for they have an item, or if they're too busy, they'll say they don't have it anymore, if you haven't worked there, you don't know a thing about them... They're too busy to take care of ONE person, they would rather spend it making money, instead of wasting 20+ minutes helping you, when their job is to help the people in line. Paradoxically, you did not know they have people to check out? They don't have people working there just to take care of phone calls, the people that are checking out customers also ANSWER THE PHONES, they you have 10+ people in line, are you gonna just stop and take a call? Well, maybe, but then you're be fired...
Maybe you should work, or have a close friend, family, that does, or did, tell you about it. Oh, make sure it was 2010+, it's a lot worse now... By the way, I have three Walmarts where I live, not one has a Pirate101 card, but guess what, they have Wizard101 cards, bundles? I wish they made it go to GameStop, Walmarts too busy for taking care of anyone that needs anything other than food.

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
I think it's great to be able to place the house add-on to your house. Currently, my player only owns a dorm room. I would be able to place it in there, right? Because I am considering purchasing the Hoodoo Bundle in a few days.
Happy pirating,
Ambitious Natalie Brewster

Community Leader
Basically from the posts on this thread regarding product availability, etc. I have been able to further confirm my personal belief that not all stores, not all locations, not all areas are alike.

Some Walmarts do well, some do not.
Some Gamestops do well, some do not.
Some Targets do well, some do not.

The evaluation of any one store/location does not equate to anything that can fairly be reflected on other stores/locations of the same/similar companies.

The big issue here, is that KI does not have the level of control over the distribution of the products to the degree that some would like. They want KI to have an answer for their dilemma of their local stores shortcomings, but there isn't one other than trying to talk your local store/location into stocking the product which may be easy or hard depending on the store/location (how unfortunate that customer service is so lacking at times).

When distribution contracts expire, KI has been known to put the bundle cards on their site for purchase, unfortunately that takes awhile.

Not sure what can be done about it, since I am pretty sure it all comes down to the contracts they make to produce/distribute these products in the first place.

Good Luck all, keep your eyes open, I am sure some community sites will be offering these in contests, although that's not much consolation...

Community Leader
pirate839092 on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
I think it's great to be able to place the house add-on to your house. Currently, my player only owns a dorm room. I would be able to place it in there, right? Because I am considering purchasing the Hoodoo Bundle in a few days.
Happy pirating,
Ambitious Natalie Brewster
Yes Pirate839092, you should be able to place this in your dorm.
I haven't tried this, but don't see any reason why it wouldn't.
The dorm is basically no different than a house other than size/decoration/capacity.

Edit: Earlier in the thread One-Eyed Jack confirmed you can place it in your dorm room. ;)

Ensign
Aug 06, 2013
I've been trying to find a Hoodoo bundle but, can't seem to find one. I've searched all the Wal-marts within a 75 mile radius but, most don't even carry pirates101. can someone direct me where to find one. there website doesn't even list the bundle. Is there anywhere else to buy it other than Wal-mart cause they don't have it. I asked one of the employees and he replied and said they don't carry pirate101 cards only wizard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
swiftvictory on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
I've been trying to find a Hoodoo bundle but, can't seem to find one. I've searched all the Wal-marts within a 75 mile radius but, most don't even carry pirates101. can someone direct me where to find one. there website doesn't even list the bundle. Is there anywhere else to buy it other than Wal-mart cause they don't have it. I asked one of the employees and he replied and said they don't carry pirate101 cards only wizard.
Hi Swiftvictory, welcome to the message boards. I feel your frustration. I can't get access to it either. It appears to be a common Walmart problem. It seems all we can do is to keep contacting Walmart and asking them to put it on their web page. The bundle, at this time, is a Walmart exclusive. It is frustrating that Walmart doesn't appear to be taking good advantage of this and providing the item they contracted to sell. I am hoping that in time, it will be available here like some of the older bundles have.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Indigo Ring on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
My wife and I have checked three Walmarts in our area, including one that has generally been very reliable about stocking P101 and W101 game cards. Nada. Interestingly, if you go to Walmart.com, they don't list the Hoodoo card at all. Disappointing, as we were both very much looking forward to purchasing one.

-Indigo
I know right like when you go online they have the cards that are sold at that store but when you go to the store they don't have and then your like…What the flooping heckles is going on here!?

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
CaptainJack74011 on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Yes my local Walmarts are lame also. Please make the Hoodoo Bundle available online or at least at retailers like Game Stop. I have never had problems finding new bundles at Game Stop but Walmart rarely has what I'm looking for or what had been advertised. I love Pirate101 and always buy all the new stuff but I can't buy it if I can't find it.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
There certainly seems to be something daffy about Walmart and this particular bundle. The Walmart right near where I work has always had every other bundle out there as soon as they were released (they had the Admiral's Bundle on the rack before KI even announced it existed, at least that I saw). If they run out of something, they immediately restock. Whoever manages that Department at this particularly Wallyworld pays attention to the game cards. But not this time. Three weeks or so after its release, still no sign. We have checked several other Walmarts as well - nada. (Did find a couple of Wizard101 Hawkrider Bundles hiding out at one, though. Woot! My favorite Wz bundle). And it is weird that Walmart online doesn't acknowledge its existence, either.

-Indigo

Administrator
For those who may be suffering from not being able to find the Hoodoo Bundle in your local Walmart, perhaps another solution (besides contacting Incomm, our distributor of these cards) could be to email your local Walmart through their "Contact Us" form on their site?

https://corporate.walmart.com/contact-us/store-corporate-feedback

I haven't tried this myself, but I do know that the UPC number for the Hoodoo bundle is "799366069324". Perhaps in their Product Question/Product Feedback form you could use this information to reach out to a local Walmart to request more information about making the Hoodoo Bundle available in your area?

Best of luck pirates!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
For those who may be suffering from not being able to find the Hoodoo Bundle in your local Walmart, perhaps another solution (besides contacting Incomm, our distributor of these cards) could be to email your local Walmart through their "Contact Us" form on their site?

https://corporate.walmart.com/contact-us/store-corporate-feedback

I haven't tried this myself, but I do know that the UPC number for the Hoodoo bundle is "799366069324". Perhaps in their Product Question/Product Feedback form you could use this information to reach out to a local Walmart to request more information about making the Hoodoo Bundle available in your area?

Best of luck pirates!
Thanks SO much Jack. What a bonus having the UPC number. I feel like someone just sent me flowers.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Ensign
Jun 12, 2008
FYI, Pirate101 cards (at all, much less the Hoodoo Bundle) don't appear to be available at Walmart in my area, either. I've emailed the stored with the UPC, per Jack's suggestion, to see if I can get any information from them.