Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Helping others in battle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 15, 2011
A friend asked me to help with a quest to collect Mandrake from Storm Raiders. Once battle began they got upset and told me not to finish off any of the creatures. It is my understanding that whether or not they get a drop or quest completed is not based on who gets the most or how many kills in battle each person has. I don't think it was fair to ask me to come help and then sit on my hands and not participate.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I'm thinking that this is when the remove button comes in handy. Just lose that friend and it no longer is an issue.

If you're in this situation again, you can flee the battle rather than fritter away time on a fight you're not welcome to fully participate in. Any mobs you brought in should go with you. And if they don't, well, your "friend" wanted to kill them all himself anyway, didn't he?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Yes, Gandry and Boochbeard even tell you so. My mom still refuses to believe me that if I grabbed all the chests, she would get just as much, or little, loot as me.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Of course, it this person was a friend in real life, just have a talk with them. If just a friend in game context, just quietly remove them from your list.

-Michael

Community Leader
Shiningfantasia on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
Yes, Gandry and Boochbeard even tell you so. My mom still refuses to believe me that if I grabbed all the chests, she would get just as much, or little, loot as me.
In fact it goes even further than that: if you are in a fight with a specific objective (i.e. defeat Fin Dorsal, Activate 3 Totems) it doesn't matter if you even defeat any other enemies at all, you get the same amount of loot. I just did this with the 3 totems encounter in Skull Cave. Activated all three totems on the same turn and got the same amount of chests I would have gotten if I'd defeated everything on the screen.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Yup, when you win a fight, opponents still on their feet offer you their loot as a token of their submission. And everyone receives the same loot. I like the way Pirate101 handles this better than Wizard101 (because it is always someone else who receives that rare pet drop - never me!).

-Michael

Ensign
Dec 10, 2008
If you group the folks you seem to be helping in battle, you all receive the exact same loot. Same amount of gold, to the coin, and exactly the same items (including pets).