Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Haters on a monkey

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
Ahoy!

I have heard a lot of people not liking marchioness, but, in my opinion she is great! I have Enduring Discipline, which gives 10 percent critical boost for 5 rounds, and even without it, she criticals like a beast!, during Moo Manchu, she took out a 2505 health pig to 0 like nothing.

So, what about you? This thread is only for marchioness, not other class companions.

Do you hate or love marchioness? Thank you.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Themagerhonor on Aug 7, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy!

I have heard a lot of people not liking marchioness, but, in my opinion she is great! I have Enduring Discipline, which gives 10 percent critical boost for 5 rounds, and even without it, she criticals like a beast!, during Moo Manchu, she took out a 2505 health pig to 0 like nothing.

So, what about you? This thread is only for marchioness, not other class companions.

Do you hate or love marchioness? Thank you.
Ahoy!

Privateers are a very versatile class, so it's very easy for different Privateers to have different playstyles and preferences. Privateers have a lot of buffs and skills that they can learn and since Privateers are centered around their companions and powers, there is obvious a lot of choice that goes into choosing your companions. Some Privateers run stopping power Buccaneer compositions, some run high damage Swashbuckler compositions, and there are probably even some out there that run Witchdoctor compositions, or perhaps a hybrid of any of them.

However, Privateer companions are far and few in between and they have pretty low damage (I believe in fact we have the lowest base damage if I'm not mistaken). Privateer companions are sometimes just not for everyone, but they can be very great if you know how to spec them and use them.

Now, to finally stop rambling and actually answer the question (sorry about that xD), I really really love the Marchioness; at the moment, my team comps are switching up a great deal, with only Keisuke remaining at a constant spot as my first mate. Contessa is currently my second, and I'm switching out the third spot with El Toro (who is constantly getting KO'd), Egg Shen, Ratbeard, and Marchioness.

Egg Shen is great when it comes to chaining hits, Ratbeard has a LOT of stopping power, and Marchioness is straight up a crit chain queen! A great advantage to Privateers is you will almost NEVER EVER face a Privateer enemy, meaning you can use your higher will to score a lot of crits, plus using your discipline, enduring discipline, and your accuracy and dodge buffs to deal consistent damage. These make Marchioness a nice choice in my mind :)

Hope this helps you! Have a great day :3

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 67 Club Champ