Guilds

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 10, 2012
6
Administrator
Just like Wizard101, there are currently no plans for guilds in Pirate101.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Guilds would be fairly easy to do. Guilds could have their own flag, and a guild image sail could be added to the member's ships. Then all that would need be done would be to have a guild chat option and a guild hide out island. If Pirate101 comes out with PvP, guild competitions and ratings boards could be made. Guilds could be limmitted in size.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
161
seasnake on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
Guilds would be fairly easy to do. Guilds could have their own flag, and a guild image sail could be added to the member's ships. Then all that would need be done would be to have a guild chat option and a guild hide out island. If Pirate101 comes out with PvP, guild competitions and ratings boards could be made. Guilds could be limmitted in size.
Someone with far more MMO experience than I have needs to explain what a guild is and why it is desirable for P101.


Ensign
Oct 10, 2012
6
Ruby Blades on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
Someone with far more MMO experience than I have needs to explain what a guild is and why it is desirable for P101.

Guilds are alot of folks or a few folks who play together alot. The main reason i asked was this game has a friend option but not a group all the time. With a Guild you can usually find other folks who share your values. In my case im an older gamer who is retired from the military and prefer not alot of drama or fowl language.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
161
Dreadknott223 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Guilds are alot of folks or a few folks who play together alot. The main reason i asked was this game has a friend option but not a group all the time. With a Guild you can usually find other folks who share your values. In my case im an older gamer who is retired from the military and prefer not alot of drama or fowl language.
Thank you. I am no spring chicken myself. I have very little knowledge of gaming (I come from the era of pong). My daughter got me involved in W101 and now P101 (highly doubtful I will ever play any other MMO). Now that I know what a guild is and why some people might find them desirable, I would be interested to hear what KI thoughts are about guilds and why they have made the decision not to include them in W101 and P101.


Ensign
Sep 21, 2012
10
guilds will most likely be made on their own as groups on central like on wizard101.