Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gracie Conrad

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Hey guys,
Is it intentional that Gracie Conrad cant train Spirited(extra will) of any rank? Even though she is a Privateer and that's the stat they use for attack?

Jacob
Sam

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
BrownBeard094 on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys,
Is it intentional that Gracie Conrad cant train Spirited(extra will) of any rank? Even though she is a Privateer and that's the stat they use for attack?

Jacob
Sam
That's what I had spoken to them about. I think that isn't truly intentional, but rather a bug, and I'm quite sure that it is the one bug that they should fix. Gracie Conrad is a Privateer, thus, she should have her Spirited talent and it's ranks trained to her, for it is the one Talent that can boost her Will, and Privateers use Will. Hope One-Eyed Jack gets wind of this problem and the P101 team can fix this problem real soon.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Any Pirate uses the stat for attacking that depends on the equipped weapon and what stat the weapon requires. With Gracie Conrad, we can't change the weapon and I'm not sure what stat it requires. I agree that Privateers have more Will than the other two stats. I am hoping that the weapon that she is using depends on Will even if we can't increase the Will. Otherwise (and this is just a guess), I am thinking that the stat for attack will be Strength.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I think Privateers use Strength for physical attacks, will for "spells" (powers). Since mostly she runs up and biffs people with her wrench, it is strength she needs.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
I think Privateers use Strength for physical attacks, will for "spells" (powers). Since mostly she runs up and biffs people with her wrench, it is strength she needs.

-Indigo
Lol "Biffs people" I just love that. It takes me back to my days of watching Batman with Adam West and Burt Ward.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009

-Indigo
It says her weapon power uses Will, so yes, all Privateer companions were adjusted to only use Will as weapon power.

Privateer PIRATES use Strength, well most of the time, for their weapons depending on their weapon

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011

-Indigo
Don't forget about the rest of the Privateer companions, like Wing Chun, The Marchioness, Catbeard, Bison Shaman, and a ton of others use physical attacks, swords(except for Wing Chun and the Bison) and they are based off of Will... I just don't get it.

Jacob

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
I am not sure if they did that on purpose or not, I am guessing if it was a mistake ki would have found out about it by now, besides they moderate al these messages we send maybe she does use will for attack but either way I doubt it will mess much up, plus it will be a help to witchdoctors... just saying

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
icewizard6589 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
I am not sure if they did that on purpose or not, I am guessing if it was a mistake ki would have found out about it by now, besides they moderate al these messages we send maybe she does use will for attack but either way I doubt it will mess much up, plus it will be a help to witchdoctors... just saying
I am very sure that it is a problem, for all Companions recruited to the PC's crew throughout the game's storyline should have all Talents ready for them to train.

Yes, Gracie Conrad does use Will for her attacks, but her Spirited Talent isn't present in her Talents list right now. I didn't think that would happen until I realized it. I think her lack of her Spirited Talent happened since Books 13 & 14 went Live over a year ago, and nobody even knew that.

Hope they can correct that soon.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

-Indigo
LOL "Since mostly she runs up and biffs people with her wrench" I don't even have Gracie yet and I can imagine that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
LOL "Since mostly she runs up and biffs people with her wrench" I don't even have Gracie yet and I can imagine that.
Well, when you recruit her, keep a close eye on her Talents list while you're training her, and you'll see that she doesn't have her Spirited Talent, nor it's ranks.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Yep. Biffing people with her wrench IS priceless. However, that eerie smile she has when she does her critical hits creeps me out. She's ALWAYS smiling as she whacks people with her pipe wrench.......it still scares me to this day.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
warriorscreed on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
Yep. Biffing people with her wrench IS priceless. However, that eerie smile she has when she does her critical hits creeps me out. She's ALWAYS smiling as she whacks people with her pipe wrench.......it still scares me to this day.
Well, I guess that she really enjoys biffing people with her wrench when it does more damage than normal! I can't wait to recruit her, she sounds like a fantastic and hilarious character!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
Well, I guess that she really enjoys biffing people with her wrench when it does more damage than normal! I can't wait to recruit her, she sounds like a fantastic and hilarious character!
Sure. Just keep in mind of keeping a close eye on her Talents list when you recruit her to your crew.